Simply enough, the people who are unhappy right now feel trapped by the fact that we're closed faction. They want to go out and fight and do whatever they please for a while, and KGB's name is tied up politically with the alliance at the moment.

3 Routes:

A. Stay the course - Some players become extremely unhappy and become likely to leave or stop playing because they're bored.

B. Leave the alliance - we almost undoubtedly lose our holdings and no longer have CotP to fall back on, basically leaving leadership to find us a new, less secure home than we currently have thanks to political dealings.

C. Go Open Faction - We lose some manpower who may have been considering splitting for another game anyway while not messing up any politics while being able to keep KGB active with the people who choose to stick around. I suppose we could close the doors, but that's not what I'm suggesting at all. I'm simply saying that if declared open faction, there would be an open door for restless people temporarily slip through in order to get their fight on.

---

Simply put, we're short staffed at our best and we have no business holding down a city+hamlet on this server right now. If it wasn't for our political agreements with HK, we would have lost it by now... but regardless, people want to go fight all over the map which will inevitably bring a fight to our holdings, which our alliance isn't really in a position to defend.

If there are some more options, I'd love to have some better alternatives, this is just what I see from our current situation , numbers, timescale.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
-- Tasho / Jaguar --