Originally Posted By: JetStar
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
To little far too late.

They burned their bridge a long time ago when the game became a boorish grind fest of exploiting PvE geometry and hitting your buddies on a blood wall for countless days AFK.

This just goes to show you, when your game is half finished, don't release it. Find a way to stave off the investors and speak dollarized profit margins vs. risk/reward to the business suits, instead of coming in and talking game mechanics.

One day these development companies will learn the value of having at least one person on their staff with a Business Acumen of over 75.

For me personally, I am in for the long haul. I have really enjoyed the game. There have been tough times, and issues that are irritating, but hey.

I think you have to realize that AV ran out of money and HAD to release early or Darkfall would have never been.

Right now there is nothing else, it's just plain and simple. I plan to take the people that are still playing, re-unite on NA, and rebuild from what we have left.

For me personally, I don't count setting myself in a corner and running a macro then walking away from my machine or doing something else for hours on end while I wait to skill up as technically "Playing" a game.

My point was, they burned their bridges a long time ago coming out of Beta. As in many games, Beta was much more fun then the first three months of live launch. Instead of allowing people to hole up on a blood wall or in a city "LOGGED" into the server and cause lag, just to macro and skill up. They should of used EVE as a template and allowed offline skilling where you could of gone to any one of the buildings/trainers in the game already and just paid ingame gold and regants to set yourself to practice while "OFFLINE".

The screwed the pooch, the fucked over most of the player base who weren't complete fan boi's and would of played Darkfall no matter how broken it was. I will agree, the MMO market right now is as dry as an old lady's sandy vagina.

Which is why its Mechwarrior, Bloodbowl, and some other round based games until the new Mechwarrior, KOTOR-MMO, or something better comes along that isn't a giant steaming turd.