Interestingly, there are so many sides to this that you just can't begin to address. It is obvious that AV is going to do what they think best or at the least, what they want to do, guided by the enevitable pressure of the carebear, as it were. Every game has fallen prey to this. Of course, as we all know who have played since the beginning, that would not have been necessary had they put out a less buggy, exploitable product. Now, in the mad rush to appease those who did not exploit, they are going to "make it faster" to equal out, which in the end will be fine, as was the case with UO if you recall (if you played that at all). Of course, as with UO, I also see a future where they will have Trammelized the game.

It is sad that many have lost hope and quit, as I still believe the game has great potential, is enjoyable, even with the imbalances. PvP in Darkfall, for the most part, still provides any given player a chance of success on any given day, and as with UO, depends on skill, pots, food and of course, equipment.

I would imagine that AV is also trying to ensure their game is more of what the larger population wants, especially with Mortal Online in the wings. I have not played it, but understand it is similar in a lot of ways to DFO, and has better and worse parts.

For now, I will continue to run around NA-1 and wait for the transfers which will hopefully bring many KGB back to the game, or at least put us all in one place. If not, we will see. Evn with all of those who have punched out, such as Tas, or those who are idling, I still have no problems running into trouble on NA-1.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]