Originally Posted By: Syloc
Dunlop is right about that. Weapon skill, Magic and Archery are all aspects of the game that DOESN'T need to be maxed out in order to be effective in player versus player. This game is about player skill a lot more than people give it credit for.

There is, however, one LARGE exception.

Mana to Stam. You need to macro, or grind to it, ASAP - especially for smaller engagements ... can't tell you how many 1v1s i've survived because I'd continue kiting and using Mana to Stam. Even with the higher stam regen, mana to stam should be used constantly, even if your only at half stam.

You know, I have to admit it: For the past 12 years that I've played MMOs, I really wish there was at least one or two decent MMOs where you couldn't get your stamina back via some spell or potion; where you couldn't get a nice chunk of your health back via potion or spell; or where the word POT or POTION was never used because it simply didn't exist. I honestly wish that players would simply have to either:

A. Fight to the death
B. Use unit-battle tactics that revolved solely around substantial physics like melee or archery rather than based on how much food they ate or their potion count
C. Hit and run with the hopes of being able to replenish their energy/stam the old fashioned way: Mending & Resting.

When I enter an MMO and discover that I constantly need to check my pots/food/spells etc in order to remain competitive, about 50% of my drive to even bother playing has gone away. I guess I'm just a huge fan of FPS games, and it's a real pity there aren't any large-scale, good ancient or medieval-based FPS/TPS out there where you can conquer territory.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]