Look, this all boils down to the same thing, and its what I've been saying all along.

This is hardcore pvp, we can't be nice about it when we're in pvp. Sure, lets be cool guys when nothing's happening, but when the chips are down, lets suck it up and be disciplined. It's nothing personal, but sometimes we revert to the "suggestion" leading of back when DFO just started.

Sure, but nice about it, but whoever's leading should be an ahole at times, because that's what gets it done. Like for instance, we were at a siege a week ago, and the group lead said "go to the docks so we're not lagged", and some people were off doing their own thing and/or not responding at all - it took him 5 times saying it nicely for them to respond. Then, he started shouting, and when they did respond, they didn't even know what's going on.

This isn't their fault, they have come to expect the lacksidaisy command structure, where you just run in a general direction and the rest is left up to you.

I have never seen a good pvp group led by "nice guys". Hell, ask Holrom, he screamed his ever loving heart out from what I've been told. You don't have to be a dick, but be direct about it. I've heard too many of this, "Oh great, I hate it when people don't listen ... " because the group lead has said this ALOT. You know what, call those names out as calmly as possible. Nothing's going to get done if people don't know their talking to you.

I'm not saying that everyone has to be dicks, but our whole mentality needs to change imho, and people have to expect that if they join a pvp group, it's serious time - not "lets have fun" and screw around time. That, if they are caught looting in the middle of battle, they'll be called out a little. (Not shouted mind you) Dunlop has been starting to do this in coupel times i've grouped with, but whenever he's not on, it seems we revert to "nice guy" tactics - which never ends up in a good place.


Former KGB Member