Originally Posted By: Kaotic
That doesn't even seem to address the "we are going to collect every single shred of data you have or receive on your computer" part of the EULA.

The moment you connect to the Internet and use any of its features you should expect that everything you do is monitored, recorded and stored for various uses. Social networking leads to information being sold and used for marketing purposes to determine current trends and surveil people across the world.

The EULA you sign when using Windows 10 generally states that you are okay with them recording your preferences when using things like Cortana and other personalized services when using a Microsoft account. I would hope that this information would not be used for other illicit purposes but, if you are worried about that, simply don't sign in with a Microsoft account. Create and use only a local account on your PC and you've reduced a lot of your exposure.

Edit: In all honesty, I don't use ANY of the "apps" or new Microsoft "features" that they've included with Windows 10. To me Windows is simply the base operating system I need to run the rest of my software and nothing more. I generally prefer third-party applications for pretty much everything I want to do anyway. If you use it in a similar fashion, then Windows 10 will simply be a more stable and fast platform to do what you need to do. That's been my experience with it thus far. Who knows what it will be 6 months to a year from now.

Last edited by Zsane; 08/05/15 06:06 PM.

-Hadrik Hardhammer, FFXIV | -Zsane, Archeage (Retired) | Steam: KGB Zane | E-mail: Zane@ecsinc.com | Currently on Tap: Empty Keg :(