Sidara and I started with Everquest way back in 1999. That game required a lot more thought and preparation than most these days. You had to figure stuff out for yourself or actually socialize and ask questions in chat and hope someone answers. We didn't have wikis and such that you have now.

You had to run around to various NPCs and hail them and then figure out how to respond via text to get a response. It was a different time, for sure. We met a lot of our friends there including Gremir and Brommas. They were good times.

Now you have queues, fully detailed minimaps, quest logs and more. It's just changed the whole dynamic and feel of the games. Time could also be a factor. I used to have a lot more free time to invest in gaming in general and that made accomplishing tasks in games like EQ that much easier. Now if I can get on ArcheAge for a few hours and do some trade runs and events I am happy. Alternatively, a few rounds in War Thunder or Battlefield can be fun.


-Hadrik Hardhammer, FFXIV | -Zsane, Archeage (Retired) | Steam: KGB Zane | E-mail: Zane@ecsinc.com | Currently on Tap: Empty Keg :(