There were two times for me where I thought we could have pushed them out/won:

First was after we were knocked off the top and came back and battled them on the hill. We had most of them pushed back away from the ledge (I thought we did very well here) but the call was made to go into Apautan and try to defend the stone.

The second was when we were fighting at the broken walls and actually pushed a lot of them back outside the walls and onto the land bridge (seen in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKf7XwqGvn8 at around 3:30) but one call was made to keep pushing them away and the other was to attack the boats along the shore. Our forces started to split and they all pushed back in. I was at the walls south west of the bind point and only saw 3-4 people left there because most went towards the boats.

There's one more thing and it isn't meant to be mean or anything. I really feel that we're hurting on player skill. I've watched a lot members just start backpedaling and trying to parry with a warrior on them only to have their shield disabled (and them not knowing it's disabled) and get mauled down. Some robe wearers don't even carry a shield. The numbers difference between parrying with a shield or a staff is HUGE. I also think a lot of people are just panicking when someone gets on them and they either forget or don't know what to do. It's hard to practice this together on PvP night though since you know the people your fighting aren't going to actually kill you.