Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
Originally Posted By: JetStar

This is not my strong topic, but I always thought the Department of Education could maintain and enforce standards that the states could meet in any way they chose.


And that's the problem, do you really think it's easier to change a standard or fix a problem with someone in Washington? Rather than someone that's in state and has better knowledge of a situation and has closer ties? You cut out a middle man. It's far easier to change something that's enforced locally than one that is enforced federally. You seem to think the Federal Government is the way to fix everything.

I think if it weren't FOR the people there wouldn't be any Government. You seem to think if it weren't for the Government there wouldn't be any people. Think about that one!


Frankly as I said, I just dont trust some states to stick with the founding ideals of this country and the constitution. I would be afraid that the individual states would start teaching to much religion. For instance, Utah would be all Mormon in my opinion, and in my opinion, public schools should offer a standard education.


[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter