Regulations are damaging without any ensured gains so long as corrupt, ethics-violating politicians like Charlie Rangel rotate in/out as chairs of the regulation & oversight committees.

Who establishes and overseas these regulations? The very same people who make exceptions and oversights to the highest bidding lobbyist of the hour. (Both parties are included in this rant.)

Sinij: you twist your counter-argument into stating that the housing crisis was not the sole reason for the collapse; this may be true, but Kaotic stated it was "a large part," not the "sole reason." And he's correct: shady characters like Barney Frank and shady idiots like Nancy Pelosi (one of my local representatives I'm sad, and deeply embarrassed to admit) played their political games, and forced banks to deal in risky loans which DID in large part contribute to the collapse.

Now I remember why I generally avoid this section of the forums. ;P I need to back away once more before you guys pull me back into political debates.

Weeeee!

- Wildcard / Tiernan