I just have a hard time believing "green algae" is going to be usable let alone efficient for at LEAST another 20 years. Hell they can't even get a total electric vehicle efficient enough to offset the cost. Also, when you go to plug in said electric vehicle you're probably getting that power from a source that is ran by coal or oil. Depending on what part of the country you're in.

If they sold efficient wind turbines & solar panels to the public, I would almost guarantee you people would buy it as long as it was cost efficient. Right now there's nothing that can do that. I would love to buy something like that and get off the power company's grid.

Can we sway OPEC? NO... but if we aren't buying oil from the middle east you can bet your sweet ass that they will be doing something to get that cash flow back. The President want's to act like we don't have to ability to use what we have now to offset the foreign shit. I have yet heard the President mention anything about natural gas. It's cheaper and cleaner, if they wanted to implement tax breaks on something. They should do so with changing over your vehicle from gasoline to natural gas. Have you ever seen an oil change from a vehicle that uses natural gas? It looks as clean as the day you put it in.

We have CNG (clean natural gas) in our forklifts and a couple other vehicles where I work. I seen them change the oil, it wasn't even close to being as dirty as a gasoline engine would make it. So if the President is talking about being serious about "All the Above" approach to keep fuel prices from going higher, then he should talk about Natural Gas. But he won't, it's obvious he's only talking about it because its an election year. Especially when his energy guru "CHU" doesn't mind the fuel prices. Even brazen enough to give himself an "A" on the energy policies. LAUGHABLE!

Last edited by Wolfgang; 03/24/12 02:09 AM.