KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#98562 02/15/12 06:10 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Since Iran has came out with it's new Nuclear Achievements, we get to pay for it at the pump. Fact is we can use our own assets by using what WE have WHILE we research & develop other solutions. This will allow us not to be hurt when countries like Iran does something stupid that causes us to pay more.

I was watching doomsday preppers last night one couple had a large & several small wind mills that had the compacity to supply them with the electricity they needed. They may not have had enough power to run something other than simply appliances, but as primitive as those small wind mills were it's hard to believe we can't find someone that can build a bigger one that's efficient.

It's simply amazing as much technology that is out there, we are still brought down by some camel fucking country, because SOME people don't want to be energy Independent. Then start with the scare tactics of how bad oil is. if it's so bad... stop using anything that is made by or runs off oil. Enough with being dependent on others, we can R&D other energy sources while using our assets to keep prices in a bearable range.

Wolfgang #98563 02/15/12 06:29 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
You bitch too much.. So much you act like my wife so go back into the kitchen and make me a sammich, ok honey bear?

lol :)

Last edited by Ictinike; 02/15/12 06:30 PM.

Ictinike #98564 02/15/12 07:39 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Of course it has nothing to do with an election year.

Or the large number of Eastern US refineries that throttled back production, or the issue of us importing crude on speculated prices, and then selling an ever growing portion of the refined petrol abroad to control the supply curve on the rack domestically. Never mind the staggering State tax you pay at the pump that partially goes into the general fund to be used at discretion.

Yesterday the think tanks predicted Gas to rise to a National average of something like $3.89 a gallon by the end of this Summer.

Look at it this way Wolfgang.

When Obama gets re-elected in Nov of 2012, you only have to put with him for about a month before the end of the world.

Happy now?

[dead]

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Wolfgang #98574 02/16/12 10:50 AM
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Quote:
They may not have had enough power to run something other than simply appliances, but as primitive as those small wind mills were it's hard to believe we can't find someone that can build a bigger one that's efficient.

I will take "What is Renewable Energy initiative, infrastructure upgrades and windmill farms for $200".

Last edited by sinij; 02/16/12 10:50 AM.

[Linked Image]
Sini #98577 02/16/12 05:52 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sinij
Quote:
They may not have had enough power to run something other than simply appliances, but as primitive as those small wind mills were it's hard to believe we can't find someone that can build a bigger one that's efficient.

I will take "What is Renewable Energy initiative, infrastructure upgrades and windmill farms for $200".

Are you saying you can get a windmill for $200? I'm calling bullshit on that! I have a friend that tried to get combined solar panels & a wind turbine so he could get off the grid. The cost was going to be over $25,000 and it was only going to be able to supply 1/3 of his power needs.

If he was willing to get his family to only watch one TV and barely have any other appliances running, then he could get by with it. The people I was talking about on the show "doomsday Preppers" used little energy. They didn't need a whole lot of electrical output, plus it was only 2 people compared to my friends family of 4. The cost of solar & wind outweighs the output. More research & development could change this in a few years. To keep denying the fact that we are still heavy consumers of oil and that we can simply stop cold turkey is very naive, and EVERYONE will pay for it one way or the other.

It's in our best interest to use what we have while being more aggressive towards making other energy supplies more cost efficient!

Wolfgang #98579 02/16/12 06:08 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Going green = big bucks. Until it is cost worthy for everyone to join up the dependency on the existing infrastructure of oil based resources won't happen. Case in point, Wolf's example of a wind turbine that only powered X but cost YYYYYYYYY.

Wolfgang #98581 02/16/12 06:34 PM
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
No, wind energy is not cost effective at this point for a number of reasons - a) infrastructure needed to transport it from where it can be cheaply and readily made is simply not there, US power grid is dated and not getting any newer b) peak demand - wind is not reliable enough to be sole source of power.

Both a) and b) can be addressed, but in order to even start working on these problems we need to start using it. It is extremely unlikely that black swan event going to solve our energy issues, much more reasonable to assume that over time we can reduce costs and increase availability/reliability of wind to reduce reliance on other sources.

[Linked Image]
Sini #98582 02/16/12 06:38 PM
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
As to domestic energy market - my crystal ball predictions is that "smart" metering will become the standard and peak-demand costs will keep increasing.

Get used to the ideas of not running AC between 2pm and 7pm, in 20 years only well-off houses will be able to afford high-load usage during peaks.

[Linked Image]
Sini #98585 02/16/12 07:29 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
In 20 years I will be retired and no longer living in the US.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Wolfgang #98587 02/16/12 08:39 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Don't have AC now, never have, probably never will.

If it's too hot where you live, move. It's how our ancestor's did it, lol.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard