KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,035,847 Trump card
1,342,423 Picture Thread
480,663 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Sini #98369 02/09/12 04:30 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: sinij
Originally Posted By: Derid

1. Do you agree that Ron Paul is clearly anti-abortion?

Yes.

2. Do you agree that Ron Paul is clearly of Christian faith?

Yes.

3. Do you agree that Ron Paul is anti-abortion stance is based on Christian faith?

No.

4. Do you agree that Ron Paul acted via legislature and voting on his anti-abortion stance?

No.

5. Do you agree that control over your own body is a fundamental right?

Yes.

6. Do you agree that women should have control over their bodies?

Yes.

7. Do you agree that denying any right to any specific group of people would be considered anti-this-group stance?

Yes.

Generally speaking, I am for first trimester abortions, against third trimester abortions - because a fetus can live outside of a womb at that point... and think second trimester abortions are a grey area.. I am not for banning them, but I would generally encourage anyone I knew who was contemplating an abortion to get it done as soon as possible.

In that case, surprisingly, we only disagree on 3. and 4.

While I was aware of Ron Paul abortion story, I see it more as a justification and make-believe story to protect his present faith-based believes from ridicule. While it is not impossible it would be unlikely to happen. First, there is no public record whatsoever of him participating in something like that. Second, late-term abortion would have been illegal at a time. Third, this story did not surface until fairly well into his political career.

Another issue, even if one to accept this story, it is inconsistent with his complete anti-abortion stance. Ron Paul is 100% anti-abortion, at any stage of this process, save early abortion in cases of rape and incest (and I think that it, but feel free to correct me Derid). His personal experiences are with late-stage abortions, and he doesn't mention reasoning for abortion in his story (maybe it was to save mother's life?).

So I am highly skeptical of his unverified, inconsistent and convoluted justification story, it is much likely that simplest explanation is true - that Ron Paul's faith is responsible for his stance.

4. I don't see how you can see spending as sufficient justification. It still unfairly targets a group - women, and it still in many cases tries to bypass existing laws and functionally (not legislatively) outlaw abortion. Correct procedure would be constitutional amendment, but this is not how Ron Paul is approaching this issue.

It would not have been on record, because he was an intern. He did not perform the procedure, he was simply in the presence. It was something he saw, not something he was part of.

Doubt it if you will, but since Paul is not and has never been in the habit of lying to get votes... I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and believe him. If he was the type to lie or bend the truth, it would be very easy for him to say consider doing something against Iran for example, and only cut say half the overseas bases... etc.. and would probably at least be the GOP nominee. A little bending, stretching, and/or compromise combined with a couple lies could do his political chances a world of good.. yet he doesnt.

I like Paul because his stances arent come to by political calculation. I do not 100% agree with his stances by any means. But one thing he is not known for, is lying about them to get elected. If someone like Mitt Romney or Newt Gingrich had come up with the story, I would be inclined to agree with you.

Also, I just do not consider it unfair targeting of any group. I would and do support, as I have made clear many times in the past, limiting all sorts of federal spending.

Now, if a Constitutionally sound State level program for health spending was in place that was meant to take the place of private insurance - and someone wanted to ban any abortion spending from such a plan, I would object to such a move.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini #98372 02/09/12 05:17 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:
BTW being against abortion doesn't mean you are part of a religion. You can believe that when a woman is knocked up there is a baby in her belly and killing it is murder.

You said "you can believe", and you are very entitled to your flying spaghetti monster faith and I am not going to question it unless you start trying to force it on others. Until you can say medical community agrees the best outcome for the patient is, or overwhelming scientific consensus is, or greater societal benefit arises from is, it will still a faith-based belief.

As to "baby in the belly" is part of your belief, again not supported by anything other than your faith.

I say this while laughing out loud "your a fucking idiot"

Sini #98373 02/09/12 05:21 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Once again gun ownership is a personal freedom. Its in the constitution. Abortion is a personal freedom.

Your still a fucking idiot.

Helemoto #98374 02/09/12 05:24 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
taco
bandit
cat

just wait for the idiot to tell me this is based in religion.

Helemoto #98377 02/09/12 06:41 PM
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Helemoto
Abortion is a personal freedom.

I am quoting this so you can't get out of saying it later.

Last edited by sinij; 02/09/12 07:10 PM.

[Linked Image]
Helemoto #98378 02/09/12 06:44 PM
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Helemoto
Quote:
BTW being against abortion doesn't mean you are part of a religion. You can believe that when a woman is knocked up there is a baby in her belly and killing it is murder.

You said "you can believe", and you are very entitled to your flying spaghetti monster faith and I am not going to question it unless you start trying to force it on others. Until you can say medical community agrees the best outcome for the patient is, or overwhelming scientific consensus is, or greater societal benefit arises from is, it will still a faith-based belief.

As to "baby in the belly" is part of your belief, again not supported by anything other than your faith.

I say this while laughing out loud "your a fucking idiot"

You sure convinced me. Now tell me I am going to hell for pointing out your bible-thumping ways.

[Linked Image]
Derid #98380 02/09/12 07:00 PM
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid
I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and believe him.

I am not going to believe him on this particular issue, as saying goes - past performance is not a guarantee of future returns.

Still, I am encouraged by this discussion, this is not irreconcilable differences, just a matter of personal opinion. I think this is closest we ever came to agreeing on any issue.

Quote:
Also, I just do not consider it unfair targeting of any group. I would and do support, as I have made clear many times in the past, limiting all sorts of federal spending.

I still stand by my position, because alternative is even less attractive. There are plenty of other sources of federal money to cut, why repeatedly and specifically go after this issue? As you probably know abortions are not funded by federal money, what Ron Paul is doing is going after providers of women health services in their non-abortion functioning. Knowing his personal faith-based position on this issue he should have abstained from voting. Since he didn't, and even sponsored a bill, I only conclude he tainted the process by trying to legislate based on his faith, in process compromising separation or state and church.

Quote:
Now, if a Constitutionally sound State level program for health spending was in place that was meant to take the place of private insurance - and someone wanted to ban any abortion spending from such a plan, I would object to such a move.

Meanwhile your federal spending principles, and I chose to believe your intentions, unlike Ron Paul there isn't a case that I can make based on your abortion stance, will run women's rights into the ground. Consequence of effectively blocking large portion of women from exercising their fundamental right can not be justified by such secondary issue as taking a minor stance on federal spending.

Minor Spending vs. Fundamental Rights, what to pick? You know my choice. I wish you would reconsider yours.

Last edited by sinij; 02/09/12 07:16 PM.

[Linked Image]
Sini #98384 02/09/12 07:53 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
The reason you are a fucking idiot is I said nothing that had to do with religion. I said murder is bad, you got the religion from nothing cause your a fucking idiot.

Sini #98385 02/09/12 08:15 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Minor Spending vs. Fundamental Rights, what to pick?
It's been said before but obviously it needs repeating. No one is advocating denying a woman the ability to have an abortion. This debate is over whether or not tax payers should be forced to pay for it, and the obvious answer is no.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Kaotic #98388 02/09/12 08:30 PM
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
What part of "I would like to make it impossible to operate an abortion clinic. -Kaotic" did I misunderstood?
The part right after that where I stated that this is not the issue at hand. I only included the first sentence in the interest of full disclosure.

Don't say anything you don't want to be used against you in a debate. This is like starting your argument with "I know I am wrong here, but..."

Quote:
Your argument is invalid because we only place value on human life.

Define human life then. Fetus is _potential_ human life. You know what else is potential human life? Are you one of the extreme Catholics that even argue against use of contraceptive?

Quote:
If a woman could get pregnant all on her own I might be inclined to agree with the "its a woman's body" argument. The fact that it takes two people to create life, and that the child growing in her womb is 1/2 her and 1/2 the man nullifies that argument for me.

You keep using "child", "life" and "human life".

Before we proceed I want you to define it for me.

1. Is unfertilized egg a child, life or human life?

2. Is semen a child, life or human life?

3. Is fertilized egg a person, life or human life?

4. Is frozen fertilized egg outside of human body a person, life or human life?

5. Is first trimester fetus a person, life or human life?

6. Is second trimester fetus a person, life or human life?

7. Is third trimester fetus a person, life or human life?

8. Is any fetus that is not viable without support of a womb a person, life or human life?

9.Is human female a person, life or human life?

10. Is benign tumor a person, life or human life?

11. Is gut bacteria a person, life or human life?

[Linked Image]
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard