KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,019,620 Trump card
1,339,131 Picture Thread
477,934 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
The application process was developed long ago and ensures a new and or returning KGB members dedication to our organization. Sure it is a pain in the ass, sure noone wants to go through it, but that is its purpose. Anyone that lacks the attention span to complete the application process, also lacks the attention to represent KGB and all the members that came before them.
In the past, I have allowed KGB SB factions to follow their own guidelines when it came to membership in the KGB organization. This has produced both goods and bad results.
In my recent return to SB before we again abandon the effort, I was flooded with messages like, "is this the real Jet?", "are you here to clean up the reputation and actions of KGB's SB presence?" and on and on.
I found KGB members not even understanding our legacy or mission. Members that freely spoke about random PKing to me personally, and not even having a clue that I would be offended.
It is this experience that has forced my hand to make it KGB LAW that all returning veterans as well as new recruits follow the historical membership process.
This means that Chief of Staff and KGB Grand Duchess Elph will be directly involved in the posting and approval of all new and returning members of KGB.
She defends and carries the authority of the High King in her decisions and is granted the power to place any member under supreme court review if they violate the KGB 10 commandments and or Constitution.
I know we are all waiting for the next big thing in online gaming. Many are turning to SB as a filler to enhance guild unity and continue our ongoing presence in MMORPGs. But the most important thing is that we continue to honor our hostory, and our code, and continue to seperate ourselves from the rest of the online gaming organizations, as we have done for going on 9 years.
Remember those who came before you, and what made us great. Our code is what seperates us, and has given us the power to be a factor over the last 9 years. Each of you carries this responsibility, each of you ir responsible for setting us apart from the masses:

Quote:

As a Citizen of the KGB Nation, my personal integrity is irreproachable. I will never degrade myself by the lying to, cheating of, stealing from, or harming my fellow Citizens or declared Allies. I hold myself personally and unequivocally responsible to ensure the preservation of the honor of the Citizenship and good name of the KGB at all times. I will, to the best of my power, uphold the Ten Commandments while preventing all offences against the persons and properties of the KGB Nation.

I depend on each of you to uphold this that seperates us from the masses. Someday I will fight beside each of you, and together we can prove how we exist is right.

I am proud to server side by side with all over you.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
awesome jetstar, hallelujah is all i gotta say!!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Jet, I was with KGB since UO and KGB SB since Treachery, I know where our laws are coming from and why they were established. That being said, I disagree with KGB faction using these laws as we were still in 97 UO fighting RPKs. Please tell me who are these innocents in SB, how can you RPK if fighting others is what expected from you BY GAME DESIGN? We cannot carry this legacy rules to the letter and expect to be successful in all-out PvP games like SB. Please rethink your stand.

[Linked Image]
Missing in Action - October 2021
Yeah sinij but there is a difference between say the guys playing uo again hunting down rpks, and people in sb just going around griefing.

Though it sounds good, I can't say it really applies to me since SB is the only place where the apps were being skipped.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
How would you go about griefing people in SB? Exploits and profanity aside – there isn’t a way. There aren't newbies to protect, not anymore anyways, and there aren't helpless crafters or roleplayers minding their own business. Everything in SB is geared toward war effort against the world.

I personally think that KGB SB faction should be given “Marshal” status and as such I don’t see #6 applying.

JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Quote:

How would you go about griefing people in SB? Exploits and profanity aside – there isn’t a way. There aren't newbies to protect, not anymore anyways, and there aren't helpless crafters or roleplayers minding their own business. Everything in SB is geared toward war effort against the world.

I personally think that KGB SB faction should be given “Marshal” status and as such I don’t see #6 applying.

I agree, there are no inocents in SB. This is all about our membership understanding our history, and acting accordingly.

Blatent profanity and lameness should never be a part of our reputation.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
parts of the application are outdated but it's a good foundation for KGB to have, I am sure tht the application will overgo some revamping in the future.

But it is important for everyone who joins KGB to have this process done and behind them, because most KGB SB players that came in when there was no app enforced with them probably don't even have a clue about our message board or even that we had a constitution

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Does this mean I need to fill out an application ? I was one of the guys, who got in during early SB. There should be quite a few of the old school KGB ppl, that know me as a "goodguy"... at least I hope you guys remember me :-).

Let me know what I have to do ... I am KGB and hope to continue being KGB. I will do what is asked of me out of respect for my elders.

- AllYourBase

Kind regards
AllYourBase AreBelongToUs / Borne OfFire

------------
Dude: "My thief BS for 800 dmg! Omfg, omfg, lawl, noobzorz"
AYB (drunk): "Do people take damage from being bullshitted? WTF???"
Beaside the expansion of online game system and KGB history and value I think both could go hand in hand, altho maybe adjustment is needed I am sure Jet welcome any input you all have. Jet already made some channels to listen to your input, all you have to do is type your valuable oppinion in there. The thing is many don't want to do this because they are not certain it will go thru, well it will...give it a shot

As far as SB goes, well it can be done if the leaders/veteran act accordingly...then the rest will follow. Its not easy but it can be done.

Oracle Newbie
Oracle Newbie
I find this announcement as being a positive thing. If the kgb sb faction wasn't up to the highest standards last year, it is in the administrative things.

I would like to defend the kgb sb members from the last vengeance and wrath times. When someone reads this announcement, it seems like the kgb sb faction went a long time ago awry. In my humble opinion, this was not the case.

The KGB had a good presence on vengeance, as well as in wrath. I have experienced banes during long hours - not one shout, not one stupid comment on global chat, no random PKing. The discipline of our members was good. Many of them have been an example and inspiration not just for others, but for their leaders too. It would not make them justice to leave the impression that their efforts and dedication to the guild were erred and in vain.

If something went awry, then it was the guild moving to vindication. The starting up of the guild began as an experiment. The faction of the Knights and Glory and Beer merged with the Evil Bastages in order to have one well sized pvp force. There was no KGB anymore, but a "KEB". Each guild made concessions - we had good fights, but at the end, the differences in play style and intentions were huge. I guess you can read in the private boards what happened afterwards. As such I may assume that the experiment failed. I would like to point out, however, that old school members and recent members were there - so we all have to share a little bit of the blame.

The application requirement for inactive members shall be made mandatory not just for the sb faction but nationwide.

The most important thing now is to remember our mission and go forward towards the new challenges we can assume as a guild.

Fructus Laboris Gloria
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard