KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 31 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,037,936 Trump card
1,342,793 Picture Thread
481,335 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#39916 03/06/09 02:09 AM
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I know everyone wants to get out and fight, explore, etc. This is not the time for that. This is the time for all of us to raise our STATS by farming for the city, and working on PVP tactics.
The players that will win the day are the ones that team together, and most importantly have the stats to support it. Here are some suggestions:

1) Work with folks that play the same time you do, and try to pick skills and specs that complement each other (1 Melee, 1 Range, magic, etc.)

2) Work for yourself, but donate at least 50% to the guild to build our city to the point that it can defend itself. This will allow us to train undisturbed. We need to get the rest of our buildings, walls, and guard tower.

3) LISTEN to those in charge. This does not bean be a zombie, this means make suggestions, etc, but try and follow the lead of your party leader. Again, working together as a tight knit team is the way to go!

4) DONT REINVENT THE WHEEL. Ask our Beta Vets, and stay focused.

I am sure that many of you have things to say about this subject, and I look forward to your questions and comments in this thread.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Missing in Action - October 2021
Guys, also, as Jet said, a critical factor in future battles will be what skills each side has:

• At level 99 (at least for magic) skills get a HUGE boost, problem is it's obviously incredibly boring to say, beat someone with a sword over and over for 99 levels, or to cast 75000 (a ROUGH approximation I calculated) Mana Missles into the air.
  • Some of the more powerful weapon/magic skills (both passive and active) require stats such as 50 strength, or 75 int, or whatever. The most efficient way to raise these values are by gathering resources

So what I did last night is this:
While I was home and "active" I chose to work on some homework I had due today. While I did this, I was macro-harvesting until my tools would break. I went through one mining pick, and one axe, all in all I got around 40 iron, 75 stone, and 180 wood or so. I donated all the stone, and I believe kept some wood and iron to try my hand at crafting later today. Once I convert the timber into logs or logs into timber or whatever, and the iron into ingots, I'll dump it into the guild bank.

When I was out, I AFK macroed into a wall.

All in all, although I haven't checked the stats since I went to sleep (server is down) my Strength and Vitality went up by about 1.5, Intelligence and Wisdom went up by about 1, I took Mana Missile, Self Heal, and Lesser Magic from level 15 to level 31 or so, my Sprint went up from about 20 to 30, and rest went from about 25 to 40.

Helping the guild out doesn't have to be a burden. If your wife is making you do chores at the moment, you're not going to be playing the game anyway, leave a harvest macro going on, and come back every 5-10 minutes to switch to a new rock or tree. Maybe watch TV with your kid or something as you do this. Do homework, or a pending project for work.

When you actually have time to play it: I made about 600 gold yesterday, and as Jet said, just gave 50% of it to the guild because since I just started out I have a lot of skills and tools I need to buy soon.

When you wouldn't be playing the game for extended time though, be it because of sleep, work, whatever, do yourself a favor and run a weapon skill macro.

When you can't be right at your keyboard all the time, but will still be sort of active, be it because of chores, TV, a movie at home, (sex*? wink ), do the guild a favor and run a harvesting macro.

*Don't set up a macro before getting your lady to bed. There is nothing that kills the mood like thinking of a video game as she's laying naked in bed :P

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
All very good points guys and I will just say I second them. It is frustrating watching so many people working on other stats at this time. It is like a kid with his hands up agains the window when he is grounded. Watching all the other kids play. If we all do our part we will get the city up faster and we can all have more time to work on the "fun" stuff.

If you feel that is too much to ask then at least agree to if you plan to play for 4 hours then 2 of those you will devote to the guild harvesting.

I also feel the same message should be heard by our allies. If I can't bind at my own city then I certainly hope that those taking up bind spots are assisting with resource gathering. Tonight is my gaming night. I will probably get in 8 hours of gaming. I commit to the guild that 4 of those will be harvesting wood and stone.

Band 7
Band 7
Quote:
When you actually have time to play it: I made about 600 gold yesterday, and as Jet said, just gave 50% of it to the guild because since I just started out I have a lot of skills and tools I need to buy soon.

Let me know what harvesting tools you need and I will hook you up.

My groups have been donating 100% of the gold, 100% of the junk, and we're passing out the armor and weapon drops that are needed. Rest is banked.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I dont know if i am right or not, but here is my opinion.

I do believe that building our city is very important, but also we need to have some fun. THere are some of us that dont mind farming for resources, but there are others that hate it. I dont want people to get burnt out and feel that the game is not fun anymore. I think that we need to take one or two days off of farming for resources to do what you want to do. I know that primetime, some would probably like to go out and pvp, and we should encourage people to have fun sometimes, and not just farm for gold, lumber, stone or iron.

That is just my opinion.

On a side note, i would like the guild to pass out more of the crafting items. I know i have made a tone of arrows, but there are people asking me for some, i have no way of getting those arrows to those that are in need. I have no problem farming for these resources, but there is no one more important in this guild than any other, so i believe that things need to be spread out.

Also, farming for the city is important, but we also need to keep our warriors happy, they are important in other ways than just building this city.

Last, i think that if there are problems with people contributing, i think that those people need to be talked to directly, and not just make a blanket statement. Yesterday, i heard there was a comment of some people taking more than they contribute, and i know one person felt that this was directed at him/her. I know for a fact that this person has probably donated more of his/her gold to the city than anyone, and this person felt slighted. So, if leadership feels there is a problem, they need to discuss it amongst leadership, and talk to these people directly. I feel that leadership is not talking to each other before making decisions, and even though they are in a leadership position, everything that deals with the guild, they need to talk to each other and come up with a group decision. What one person thinks is wrong, the other leaders may not, and that one person can make a lot of problems.

These are just my opinions let me know what you think.

I'd love to join one of those groups when you're running them, Dunlop. I'll be home in a few minutes and I'll tell you what I need, I think I still have one or two mining picks and one or two axes in my bank, but I'll check and post.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
At the moment I have 2 axes, 2 picks, and 1 sickle, so I could use a sickle if you can spare it. I'll post again or send a message when I break my tools.

BoS Archon
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Dude I have like 15 sickles hit me when we are on at the same time. I will toss a few in the guild vault. About once an hour I announce that I am making a toolbox run. It takes less than 15 minutes and we hit 2 tool boxes and a treasure chest. Usually come home with 5-6 random tools and 10 gold. That is a lot of saving if people were to just go buy the tools. I encourage all to go with me on these runs. I will announce it in vent and on clan chat 5 mins before I go from now on.

I have put a lot of axes/pickaxes in the guild vault, didn't know there was also a need for sickles. I will add some when I get home. If I log on before 2 that is my wife setting up a macro for me - if I am not in vent I am not there (fyi) smile

Band 6
Band 6
Jetstar is right, and while it is important to have fun; we've got to think of the long haul.

Thing about it is, leadership isn't ramming it down people's throat to contribute like *cough* other guilds, there are slight suggestions here and there and, to be honest, we've been trucking along at a nice pace, to build the city. As more and more of our KGBers get in, (whenever that happens) it'll get easier and easier for this stuff, and in the meanwhile, I'm in now, so we'll form groups and get the necessary resources required.

Plus, gathering resources is an efficent way to skill-up strength, so its not like your wasting your time.

Gathering, lets face it, is boring; and no matter how many macros you run, unless you memorized how long it takes from node to node, you have to be at your computer every 5-10 minutes to switch. We should be talking it up in vent, sharing information, talking about pvp tactics, and other suggestions that come up - especially since people still are getting acclimated to one another.

Former KGB Member
Band 7
Band 7
Quote:
On a side note, i would like the guild to pass out more of the crafting items. I know i have made a tone of arrows, but there are people asking me for some, i have no way of getting those arrows to those that are in need. I have no problem farming for these resources, but there is no one more important in this guild than any other, so i believe that things need to be spread out.

I personally passed out 500 arrows to different guild members yesterday alone. All they have to do is ask.

Quote:
I feel that leadership is not talking to each other before making decisions, and even though they are in a leadership position, everything that deals with the guild, they need to talk to each other and come up with a group decision.

I'm sorry that you feel this way, but it is incorrect. We are talking about every major decision before it is made. Derid is great at getting all of our opinions and then making an educated decision.

Quote:
I'd love to join one of those groups when you're running them, Dunlop. I'll be home in a few minutes and I'll tell you what I need, I think I still have one or two mining picks and one or two axes in my bank, but I'll check and post.

Wonderful. I've been running them pretty much every night. I'll be home at about 4 or 5 CST this afternoon and will promptly start a group that I hope lasts most of the night. I'll give you tool as soon as I get on. In the meantime, all leadership has access to retrieve items from the clan vault and they can help you if I'm not around.

Former KGB Member
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard