KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Raist
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,020,686 Trump card
1,339,216 Picture Thread
478,047 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Missing in Action - October 2021
A sad day for KGB. I can still hear his voice over TS/Vent in my head. I played with him all through SB and WoW. I can only hope he is in a better place. Free from suffering and the disease he fought valiantly against. RIP Toxiclore. We'll take the watch from here.

[color:"blue"]Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.[/color]

http://www.piczo.com/aviendha416?g=22288045&cr=4

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
We'll miss you bortha

I would like to encourage everyone to mail Toxics sister and condole their loss.

Her email address is as follows:

Michelle R <naturelynx@yahoo.com>

K
CxC
CxC
K
As with Asgag, so to have I respected my ban from the Oracle, but Tox was a very good friend of mine when I played UO on Siege Perilous with KGB. As a former High Chancellor, I would like to contribute to his requiem.

Like many of you, I got to know Tox on our Teamsound. He just plain didn't type in game unless he had to. I was in the UO-SP faction from 2002 to 2003. For those of you who weren't there, here is how I've described that particular era of KGB on Siege previously:

Quote:

When I was in it, the SP faction was a hard core group of PvPers. Every night, 6 to 8 of us would log into Teamsound and spend hours hunting down the [Random Player Killers]. We were regularly one of the largest and most active PvP guilds on the server ... and usually the only "good" PvP guild. I will forever remember those adrenaline filled evenings fondly. We were ever the scourge of the server's [Random Player Killers].

To guild members, Tox was helpful, generous, and welcoming to new guildies. There are two things about Tox that stand out no matter who you talk to. First, he was always there if you needed to talk or just hang out. Second, he did lose his temper, and if you were in Teamsound believe me you knew it.

In game, ToxicLore was a PvPer ... hardcharging and combatative. But he was principled in a land of chaos, an example to the membership of how to fight for 'good' and be good at it. He was a KGB Champion in the old school meaning of the title, and a Field General. Above all else, he was a warrior and a leader of warriors - never a politician.

Even though we parted ways after Siege, I consider him a friend, comrade, and a brother in arms.

Farewell Toxiclore

*salute*

Khaz

Band 1
Band 1
Toxic was a good PK back in the old days of UO. Im saddened that we can't meet on the battlefield again in DF.

Last edited by ChewY; 07/31/06 10:45 PM.

hear no evil see no evil speak no evil. no praise no blame.
I spend most of my game time with him in UO;PAc and UO;SP.
And this one is for him....

For without words, in friendship, all thoughts, all desires, all expectations are born and shared, with joy that is unacclaimed.

When you part from your friend, you grieve not;
For that which you love most in him may be clearer in his absence, as the mountain to the climber is clearer from the plain.

And let there be no purpose in friendship save the deepening of the spirit.

For love that seeks aught but the disclosure of its own mystery is not love but a net cast forth: and only the unprofitable is caught.

And let your best be for your friend.

Goodbye my dearest friend, for I can only sing your best song…

And only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.

And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.

And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Deceased KGB Member and Oracle Administrator
Deceased KGB Member and Oracle Administrator
I only had the honor play with Toxi in UO and SB, but he was a darn good guy, and the gamming world will be a bit less with out him... RIP Toxi

Vincent
My first sci-fi novel is out and its free details : http://losttalesofpower.com
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I knew tox for along time since early uo days. Then came sb me and tox grew a great relationship in sb always killing CoS and having fun. When wow came along our bond as kgb brethren grew really strong. I remember me him stone and donk would go kill horde for hours he would do anything to help the guild and his kgb family. He will be missed RIP see u upstairs.

Former KGB Order of the Paladins
Former KGB Champion
Former General(G4)UO
Former General(G3)UO
Former General(G2)UO
Former General(G1)UO
Former Knight Captain in UO
Former Knight Commander in UO
Former Member of SB,Wow,Aoc
Founder Of Chop Choppers
S
Oracle Newbie
Oracle Newbie
S
We had a good run bro, you will be missed. RIP Tox

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I have hesitated to post, trying to ensure that I was able to give Tox the credit he is due. I first met him in the graveyard area of UO, as he was running around protecting Autumn and Heaven while they did their best to survive the usual battles there.

I recall laughing so hard, as his was the voice of crazy complaint in TS, usually hilariously voicing his perspective in a manner that you could not help but laugh with. I thought my temper was the worst, but then I met Tox.

Tox could be counted on to always be there however, if he was not busy wooing one of the respective female members of the guild, or several at one time. He was a fighter, gifted at PvP and the bigger picture and I still remember he would stay, sacrificing himself on many occasions, while other guild members gated out of whatever nightmare we found ourselves in. His passion for the ladies was only outweighed by his loyalty and passion for his guild. He trully loved KGB and lived the ideals it was created on. In the various worlds we shared, I can easily recall his willingness to accept the changes, but live by the old code.

Many people used to tell me that he was a loose cannon and needed to go, but it was easy to defend him. I would simply point out to his critics that as long as he held the code of KGB to the standard he did, that they could not trully complain until they did as well. Many times that was enough. Yes, Tox could be vocal in his disagreements, even harsh, but he upheld the code and as far as I knew, stayed out of the petty politics that wrecked so many KGB moments.

I was deeply saddened to learn of his passing. It is hard when we lose friends, but even more so when they succumb to the long battle of an illness they did not deserve, and which they fought as valiantly as any battle in UO, SB, DAOC and WOW.

Toxiclore, I will forever remember you as the valiant warrior you were, with a generous heart and a joy of gaming. You were a master player, master charmer and a valiant friend and foe. I pray that whereever you are, the games are thrilling, the ladies are plentiful and your laughter is constant. Salute my friend. Via Con Dios.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard