Hehehe...

Well Owain, the way you think is exactly the way people in Israel and Palestinians think about each other. History is made not from the truth but from the "winner" stand point. News in one country always has been a vehicle to stir the perception of their people to support their government action. So the perception of the people from both side is really bias, from chidhood they have been taught to hate each other. My point of view is the war that has been going on between them is ridiculous and unbelievable.

I have seen many news from many sources about the war and what happend before. All of them are missleading IMHO. Try to look from other stand point.

You want to know the truth? Try to live with Israely who is in fear of the rockets and suicide bomb. Try to live with Palestinians who has to go to Israel to work.... Only with naked eyes we will see the truth...

As for poor country around the Israel...well, again military related to the economic power. You don't want your enemy to become rich and buy the new squadron of Sukhoi. Economic war can not bee seen by most people because it doesnt use rockets and bullets. They basically act like a Credit Card and tight you up with huge amount of debt. After you in debt then your purchase power would be very limited. In this situation you can control the country...you don't want the country to be rich but not too poor as well.

Millions have been pour to Palestinian u say? I give you an example. I am Country X. I say to the world I "give" countrry Y $1 million of economic aid (it basically a LOAN) for 15 years with 5% interest annually. In truth I told country Y that I would build Power Plant for them for $1 million BUT all the contractor, raw materials and the work force has to come from my country. In desperetly neeed of electricity country Y accept the deal. Now I build the power plant with money, raw materials, work force, etc coming from my own countrty. So basically the money never leave country X. When its done, I basically have feed my domestic economy with my own money but in return I will have guarantee payment from country Y each year. Pretty neat eh? Now with all coming from my country I can set the live of the power plan for 5 years only without they know it.
So after 5 years the power plan die, I could come again with another loan and the same deal or I just let it die and create them $1 million of LOAN that criple their economic instead boosting it. I have plenty of scenario at my disposal now...

Again i just give you an example of the war without the rockets and bullets.
Thats where the real war is.... but the result are the same, always the innocent who get hit first....

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]