Quote:

Quote:

But that's never going to happen until Israel gives up control and claims on the Occupied Territories (which isn't going to happen).

There is not much incentive for Israel to give up that control since their neighbors never honor their agreements anyway.

For example, Israel withdraws from Gaza and abandons it's settlements there. Hamas promptly moves in and fires rockets from and stages terrorist incursions from Gaza.

Israel pulls back from positions in Lebannon, relying on UN resolutions that guarentee that Hezballah will disarm and that the Lebaneese Army will take control of southern Lebanon to ensure the peace. UN Peace Keepers (HAH!) are even deployed. Now, years later, Hezballah has 10000 rockets poised to strike at Israel, and fire from positions near UN outposts, using the UN Peacekeepers as human shields to discourage retaliation.

I think Isreal is finally taking the correct course of action. If you want peace, you can have peace (Egypt and Jordan, for instance, do not have problems with Isreal because they do not permit attacks to take place from their counties against Isreal). However, if you attack Isreal, expect to have your nuts hammered into peanut butter.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Like I stated earlier, peace means nothing in the Middle East, so the best course of action for Israel is to openly display its strength and fiercely hold onto what it has. No matter how you dice it, the Middle East is not Europe or the U.S. It's an entirely different world with an entirely different game plan and agenda.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]