I worked in the Professional Union at Boeing (SPEA) Society of Professional Engineers and Analysts, and it made all the difference in the world. One of the reasons I make as much money as I do now in a Corp. non-represent position is due because I started in the Union and my pay was way higher then others who start out in a non-represented position. The Union as well has better health coverage in that they don't pay any premiums, have the same deductible, caps, and plans, while we pay 20 bucks a month per person on the plan.

In addition to that, I have two Pension plans now because SPEA has its own Pension and the Corp. has another one. Unfortunately I am not building up years in the SPEA pension in my current job, but I am still vested in it and anytime I got back to a represented position, I start accruing years again. As well we don't get shit dictated to us when the Corp. bean counters decide to start cutting the promotion and retention pools or force mid year changes to the compensation structure. They only get a chance to do that to the Union once, during the contract negotiations.

Its all in what type of Union you are talking about and how that Union is run. White collar Unions for Technical and Professional people when run correctly make a lot of sense. Work for a shitty Corp or Company and get fucking jacked so that some stupid fucker in Leadership can keep there job or make a larger bonus on your plight. Then tell me you still don't want some type of positive representation...

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!