Originally Posted By: Derid
Climate change and human activity is still in the hypothesis stage, because no model is even close to existing that accounts for or can predict climate activity.

Therein lies the rub. The scientific method does not allow for "consensus."

Originally Posted By: Wikipedia (I know but it was handy)
Scientific researchers propose hypotheses as explanations of phenomena, and design experimental studies to test these hypotheses via predictions which can be derived from them. These steps must be repeatable, to guard against mistake or confusion in any particular experimenter. Theories that encompass wider domains of inquiry may bind many independently derived hypotheses together in a coherent, supportive structure. Theories, in turn, may help form new hypotheses or place groups of hypotheses into context.

Scientific inquiry is generally intended to be as objective as possible, to reduce biased interpretations of results. Another basic expectation is to document, archive and share all data and methodology so they are available for careful scrutiny by other scientists, giving them the opportunity to verify results by attempting to reproduce them. This practice, called full disclosure, also allows statistical measures of the reliability of these data to be established.

No two climate models agree on anything...

Objectivity flies straight out the window when people start yelling about "consensus." Consensus smacks of collaboration or shared bias rather than contemplative study of measurable data, as demonstrated by the email string from the U.N. cats and the quack at NASA who were sharing info with each other on how to propagate their misinformation.

Before you jump down my throat the cat at NASA admitted to using September's data for making the statement that October was showing the highest temperatures ever. His reason was that the October numbers weren't readily available. If this is what passes for scientific research at NASA then I'd rather my tax dollars go elsewhere.

Last edited by Kaotic; 09/17/11 09:32 PM. Reason: I just wanted to say "Therein lies the rub" :D

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]