Originally Posted By: Banshee
Well then you would lose.... and what the cop did would be forgotten.

I think all of you bashing the cops should remember what a thankless job it is.... people always want to gives cops a hard time but think of the people they have to deal with every single day. I am shocked more of them don’t just start shooting.

Most of the people who talk so bad about the police are the first ones to demand to know why they didn’t stop someone or something bad from happening to them.

I hear all these stories and yet in my 47 years I have never been mistreated by the police, I have been arrested and spent the night in jail for a bar fight with army buddies against locals, speeding, and even once someone called them on me for being threatening..... I was guilty in all cases and I did not take it out on the police. I did not try to play badass, I just did as they asked...... the one thing so many people seem to find so hard to do.

I've never been mistreated by a cop either. I know how dealing with the public can be, not in a police officr level. But dealing with public period you will run into a lot of assholes. If I generalized then I failed to explain how I was saying it. Other than, if a cop did that to me. It would be very hard to stay cool, I don't deal with assholes very well. Cops have a hard job, there's no denying that. But assholes like the cop in the video just magnifies what happens when cops have ahd enough or simply can't perform their job. I have a friend that is now in the ATF. Before that he went to college, then went to the police academy. His first job was with the Kansas City, Missouri PD. No more than 6 months on the job and he had gotten shot. He was very lucky and was only hit once in the foot, the shooter emptied his pistol at him.

I'm not hating cops, but the ones that act like the guy in the video sure does leave a sour taste. More so because that job is a unique one and only certain people are able to carry it out. Also, I would admit I probably couldn't be a cop. Because the first time I had to responde to a call where a methed out bitch put her 10 day old baby into a washing machine and turned it on, I would probably lose my mind and shoot the waste of space. And yes, that happend about 5 months ago about an hour from where I live. So, I guess that's why I'm a welder, because steel is tough and even if I shoot it, i'm not going to hurt it. So I am where I should be. I sound like a gun toting asshole! Maybe those couple years I spent working at the postal service has affected me...

Last edited by Wolfgang; 08/02/11 08:07 PM.