The KGB Oracle
Why can't I get pulled over by a cop this stupid so I can sue the living bejesus out of the municipality and fucking retire already.

Leave it to the Beltway...

Canton is about 20-30 mins from me. frown

Even closer to Derid I believe..
Roid rage much?

Yeah and people wonder why I always am all about keeping cops on a tight leash. They NEED one.
The fact that it is a cop-cam busting his ass should make your day.
Yeah, like I said in other cop thread - I think cams are a great idea. It helps protect people from asshat cops, and also helps protect cops from asshat people.
So if I tell a citizen, "I am going to fucking shoot you." I go to jail. If an officer tells you "I am going to fucking shoot you" and its not warranted, that is ok because he has a badge on?
I would give that PD a choice. Temrinate him and make sure he's not able to be hired as a cop in that state period. Or I would sue them into fucking oblivion. It would be so hard to not go off on some dick sucker like that. I cannot stand anyone of authority taking advantage of their position or threatening people. That female lawyer they interviewed was right. Once a cop cannot control their anger, it's time to get them out of that career.

My brother lives in a small town not far from me. A cop pulled him over gave him a ticket for going 3 mph over the speed limit. Then the cop told him to go home. My brother was going to the store, so he went, on the way back home the same cop pulls him over again. He comes up to my brother and tells him... "I thought I told you to go home" so he gives my brother another ticket, and I can't remember what it was for.

What that cop didn't know was his supervisor was someone my brother knew. So the next day my brother goes to the Sheriff and tells him what happened. The Sheriff said he already knew because the other cop that knew my brother had already told him. Needless to say, that cop got fired immediately and the sheriff ripped the tickets that he wreote my brother to shreds. I hope stupid shit like this never happens to me, I would try to keep cool. But damn, it would be hard to NOT punch someone in the face.
Well then you would lose.... and what the cop did would be forgotten.

I think all of you bashing the cops should remember what a thankless job it is.... people always want to gives cops a hard time but think of the people they have to deal with every single day. I am shocked more of them don’t just start shooting.

Most of the people who talk so bad about the police are the first ones to demand to know why they didn’t stop someone or something bad from happening to them.

I hear all these stories and yet in my 47 years I have never been mistreated by the police, I have been arrested and spent the night in jail for a bar fight with army buddies against locals, speeding, and even once someone called them on me for being threatening..... I was guilty in all cases and I did not take it out on the police. I did not try to play badass, I just did as they asked...... the one thing so many people seem to find so hard to do.
Originally Posted By: Banshee
Well then you would lose.... and what the cop did would be forgotten.

I think all of you bashing the cops should remember what a thankless job it is.... people always want to gives cops a hard time but think of the people they have to deal with every single day. I am shocked more of them don’t just start shooting.

Most of the people who talk so bad about the police are the first ones to demand to know why they didn’t stop someone or something bad from happening to them.

I hear all these stories and yet in my 47 years I have never been mistreated by the police, I have been arrested and spent the night in jail for a bar fight with army buddies against locals, speeding, and even once someone called them on me for being threatening..... I was guilty in all cases and I did not take it out on the police. I did not try to play badass, I just did as they asked...... the one thing so many people seem to find so hard to do.

I've never been mistreated by a cop either. I know how dealing with the public can be, not in a police officr level. But dealing with public period you will run into a lot of assholes. If I generalized then I failed to explain how I was saying it. Other than, if a cop did that to me. It would be very hard to stay cool, I don't deal with assholes very well. Cops have a hard job, there's no denying that. But assholes like the cop in the video just magnifies what happens when cops have ahd enough or simply can't perform their job. I have a friend that is now in the ATF. Before that he went to college, then went to the police academy. His first job was with the Kansas City, Missouri PD. No more than 6 months on the job and he had gotten shot. He was very lucky and was only hit once in the foot, the shooter emptied his pistol at him.

I'm not hating cops, but the ones that act like the guy in the video sure does leave a sour taste. More so because that job is a unique one and only certain people are able to carry it out. Also, I would admit I probably couldn't be a cop. Because the first time I had to responde to a call where a methed out bitch put her 10 day old baby into a washing machine and turned it on, I would probably lose my mind and shoot the waste of space. And yes, that happend about 5 months ago about an hour from where I live. So, I guess that's why I'm a welder, because steel is tough and even if I shoot it, i'm not going to hurt it. So I am where I should be. I sound like a gun toting asshole! Maybe those couple years I spent working at the postal service has affected me...
Fuck the police.

I will not join the pity party for the police.
They know what they are getting into when they sign up.
They are not heros just because they are cops.
Youtube has more vids, of cops being complete asses for no reason.
My Mom was a Police Office for 14 years. 6 of them as a Patrol Officer in the Burbs of PDX.

Most of the douche bags who become cops are because they have command and control issues to begin with. It use to be that Cops were Cops, because it was a job. Now Cops are Cops because its a way to wear a gun and act like your shit don't stink, while harassing who you choose to harass, and how you choose to harass them.

My mom use to tell me the old saying went like this. "From roll call until I leave the station, I am on the Sgt's time. The moment I step out on the beat, I am on my time."

Meaning, Cops are there own Boss as soon as they leave the station, and most the time they give two shits about the laws and rules, its mostly enforcement by choice or by civilian stupidity.

Lastly, I don't care how shitty of people you have to deal with all day long. I don't care how you have to deal with the dregs of society on a regular basis. When you violate the law and civil liberties of Citizens of the United States of America, you deserve to get what's equitably coming for you. And that is a two way street.
Good and bad people in every job....talk all you want if the day ever comes you will cry why the police didn’t protect me.

They go out every day not knowing if they will come back..... I wonder how many of you would be willing to risk yourselves for an idea or because it’s right... not many. Most are too busy making money or surfing the internet. Attempting to make the world even a little bit better in a real way is just not cool, much better to spend hour after hour scouring the internet for cool images or the latest games.

I wonder how many of you are as hardass as you play on the internet..... not many is my guess. Those who talk the hardest are almost always the softest.

Cop was wrong, no doubt but that does not make all cops bad. Our society could not exist without them.... unless you favor might makes right.
By the way did I not make it clear ... THE OFFICER IN QUESTION WAS WRONG AND SHOULD BE PUNISHED. It's apparent he was not cut out for it... it’s a tough gig.

After getting out of the Army I considered it.... for just a second hahaha I have a very short fuse with disrespect and like most ignorant people I like to settle it in a very basic way.

Not the mindset for a cop :P
Most cops do not join over some idea that they are making the world a better place because they graced the world with their presence.
Most of them become a cop for the pay and retirement benefits.

This is the same with most firemen.

They get high pay, great benefits, and most cases great retirement.
They are highly trained with continued education.
All at the cost of the tax payer, who gladly pay for the service.

I do not like putting anyone on a pedestal for some false idea that they are some how the greatest people that we have just because they were benevolent enough to be a cop or fireman.

I have use the word most a few times because there are a few out there that believe in the greater good that has been drilled into our heads about police god like powers.
You are entitled to your opinion, I would hate go through life that way but best of luck to ya.

I just hope when you need them they live down to your expectations..... that way you will feel vindicated.

It’s an interesting view that people have to earn the benefit of the doubt, sad but interesting.

Of course in your description you only mention good things, hell if I didn’t know better I would sign up today.

Oh and I am done.
© The KGB Oracle