Only melee have a choice between first person or slight overhead view, and even the latter only lets you see alittle bit behind you. So people could still sneak up behind you and knife you in the overhead view.

They said it made the game more enjoyable to be in first person but that melee had more of a need to see alittle around them so they gave them the option.

Casters... melee people... it sounds like im talking about a game with rigid classes. I'm not sure but I think how they are working it is if you have a melee weapon equipped then you have teh option to switch views, but once you equip the mage staff then you're forced to be in only first person view.

On the matter of medals for kills. Derid is right, we've never given in-game rewards but that's only because leadership just didn't role play it enough (I'm as guilty as the other past leaders). But I think DF is really gonna allow us to fun role play like we did in UO. Where we can call meetings in the guild hall and hand out awards. We did those kinds of things all the time in UO, but in games like WoW they lacked any of that role playing feel to them so that fun was lost.

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record