I'm alittle unsure what your question was Crim but I think the answer is that the guild emblem is created by the Guild Master for only his members. He'll have a massive list of possible icons to use as well as colors and then once an official emblem is chosen it's forever linked to that guild charter.

At this point only KGB members can have that emblem on their stuff, but at the same time I think it's optional if a member wants the emblem or not.

Just a side note, the emblems will show up on a lot of things... the sail of a ship, a long narrow banner hanging from the side of a building, armor, clothes and flags. Kind of a cool thought to imagine that the clan stone KGB claims for itself is connected to a near by mine shaft, and once we make that mine shaft operational a KGB flag appears at the cave entrance. Letting everyone know that they are entering a KGB owned mine shaft, or shipyard, or lumbermill, or quarry....

I also like the idea of uniforms being a real part of our army's dress again. Back in UO we all had to wear a blue apron with a red sash. Or a red cape. Some combination like that. It made seeing allies easy and even more important it makes us and KGB look bad-ass... not hard to recruit when you have public scenes like this....

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record