Tas,

Good post and great questions. EgoBasher - Jimbo, is the only member of TE/MC other then Ellis who played previous games with us. None of the others are.

Your guys biggest headache is from Jim AKA EgoBasher. He has very little in-game charisma or tact, and is generally not very good at understanding the mind-set of the on-line gamer.

However, that being said, Jim and I have known each other since 7th grade (33 years), we have been best man at our weddings, thrown into jail together, fought in countless bar fights together (some we actually won!).

So for me personally it's a pretty rough scenario. Because one of your members is a cock to me, or 2 or 3, is not enough to make me hate KGB as I do not take this personally at all, I enjoy KGB and accept the fact that not all of the members here are Jetstar, some of them are just fucking nutty.

In the big picture of gaming, I have played along side against and on the same side as KGB since Tanarus, thats a long fucking time.

To point the finger of doom at ND/MC in Darkfall and say they are squarely to blame while KGB or other guilds that were in that alliance are blameless is silly. Also, the actions of KGB once the separation happened was not good willed, it was filled with bitterness and revenge, hell, you engineered the sacking of 2 of their cities knowing you would not use the cities or could hold them.

Had I been playing at the time, I would have said Kudos to you and had a beer with you all for showing me the error of my ways and kicking some fucking dirt in my mouth, I can take a shot in the mouth and still walk away happy.

One thing I have learned about Darkfall from my personal observations running my own team, running Dune when it had a jillion people in it, and then watching others run alliances/guilds , is that this game brings out the very best as well as the very worst in people.

In real life, you would like Jim (Basher), period. He is super likable, generous to a fault, and would cover your ass when those 15 guys were about to kick your ass. Sadly this does not come across in game and even guys on the team who have known him for 20 years feel the same.

I don't want TeamEgo/MC to have an acrimonious relationship with KGB. I would like to think we could kick each others ass in a game and still have the respect that 2 old clans should have for one another.

Thanks for your time, sorry for the long winded post smile