The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Ellis Reapette Krona Rejoing MC - 03/18/10 02:21 PM
I wanted to let everyone know that I decided to rejoin MC to keep playing with my close friends. Which I wrote in my app that I wanted to join KGB so I can keep playing with my friends in andruk. I enjoyed my time in KGB and hope the feeling was the same.

P.S Angry Johnie I drop your bag in the guild bank, I wasn't aware I was able to do that till last night,lol
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Reapette Krona Rejoing MC - 03/18/10 03:14 PM
But wait.. Your friends were *always* there and you came to KGB because of the issues you had with leadership and some of those friends..

Now your saying your jumping ship again to go back to the same reason and if so why come to KGB in the first place? Quite the opportunist no?

Sorry but this just stinks something fierce..

Posted By: Syloc Re: Reapette Krona Rejoing MC - 03/18/10 04:48 PM
I'd like to say i'm surprised, but i'm not.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Reapette Krona Rejoing MC - 03/18/10 04:51 PM
Don't worry it served its purpose.
Posted By: Blaez Re: Reapette Krona Rejoing MC - 03/18/10 05:30 PM
I just think it's dumb but whatever I had no problems with ya
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Reapette Krona Rejoing MC - 03/18/10 07:51 PM
no comment.
Posted By: Prism Re: Reapette Krona Rejoing MC - 03/19/10 02:31 AM
I will take the 5th !!
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: Reapette Krona Rejoing MC - 03/19/10 02:59 PM
See ya around, Ellis.

If you are ever in North Jersey, feel free to hit me up.
Posted By: Decon Black Re: Reapette Krona Rejoing MC - 03/25/10 07:40 AM
i plead the 5th also

P.S. but the word Good Fucking Bye sounds about right
Posted By: Carl Re: Reapette Krona Rejoing MC - 04/15/10 09:04 PM
I could have saved you guys some time/effort with Ellis and his future here. Ellis is pretty hardcore MC and as you all know, is a really good guy. His falling out with current MC leadership in the game of Darkfall did not effect his membership status with MC/TeamEgo.

Ellis could have been a prick, copied over forum info, worked as a spy, and really been a shit to all of you, but out of the respect he had for your team, he parted ways in the only manner ellis knows how to do things, with honesty and curtesy.

He should be lauded for his honesty and for not backstabbing you guys and sticking around on your forums leaking info. Ellis is an outstand guy, and those of you who took the time to hang with him know he has only good intentions, a fucking rarity in gaming these days.
Posted By: Krayton Re: Reapette Krona Rejoing MC - 04/15/10 10:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Carl
I could have saved you guys some time/effort with Ellis and his future here. Ellis is pretty hardcore MC and as you all know, is a really good guy. His falling out with current MC leadership in the game of Darkfall did not effect his membership status with MC/TeamEgo.

Ellis could have been a prick, copied over forum info, worked as a spy, and really been a shit to all of you, but out of the respect he had for your team, he parted ways in the only manner ellis knows how to do things, with honesty and curtesy.

He should be lauded for his honesty and for not backstabbing you guys and sticking around on your forums leaking info. Ellis is an outstand guy, and those of you who took the time to hang with him know he has only good intentions, a fucking rarity in gaming these days.

I respect that.... to be fair, there was simply a sour feeling to it due to the chain of events which his leaving was a part of.
Some bitter comments you may see would just be the reaction to these events.
I'm pretty sure the majority of people in KGB have Romeo's mentality and this event has long since passed in their eyes smile
Posted By: Syloc Re: Reapette Krona Rejoing MC - 04/15/10 10:24 PM
Let me tell you though, leadership already knew about him - which is why he wasn't told anything and kept out of the loop on mostly everything we did. There was never any risk of him, "doing anything."

That being said, he was a cool guy, and we talked at length about the problems MC had - which, to be honest, is something I can relate to. Since most of the stuff he told me was in confidence, i've never shared it with anyone. (although, i believe, it wasn't that sensative information in the first place)

We fully expected him to rejoin MC; however he was a cool guy and that was enough for some people. (Not for me, I voted no on him since he was an ally - sometimes KGB can be too nice. hehe)
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Reapette Krona Rejoing MC - 04/15/10 10:43 PM
What I don't get is why stay with ND since the vast majority of those guys aren't MC and MC has all but left the game. Doesn't mean he has to come to KGB or TCA, but being a good guy and swimming with a pack of Douche Bags, still makes you dirty.

Staying with them and actively working against KGB is an odd mixture I am sure for the TeamEgo to handle while trying to keep long standing relationships with KGB open.

Bottom line is ND still has a couple active TeamEgo guys who are still in MC out of game, but playing under the ND banner. The remnants of MC left in game are trying to poke us in the eye in DFO, you expect us to just take that eye poking and still hang out and play future games with MC?

I realize this puts you in a really bad position Carl of damned if you do and damned if you don't. I guess the question for me is, what is TeamEgo going to do about its members still playing DFO under the ND banner trying to actively fuck us over in DFO?

I for one won't rest until ND is destroyed. If that means your guys are standing on the other side of the battle field, well then, don't expect to ever be ok with playing on the same side as them in any future game. That's just asking way to much of forget and forgive. I still have outstanding grudges from SB and SWG from people and clans that fucked me over. Once you do me wrong, your the enemy, ergo if those people are in your Clan, well we have a problem then.

I guess the question comes down too which variant wins out. Do you let your guys do as they wish in DFO, and continue to break down relations with KGB, or do you choose to corral those people in DFO who remain in TeamEgo and salvage your relationship with KGB?

On a personal not, Ellis is a goofy dude, but he never did anything against KGB through his direct actions, and I am ok with him. The problem is, he supports ND, and ND is the enemy, so Ellis is my Enemy.
Posted By: Carl Re: Reapette Krona Rejoing MC - 04/16/10 01:14 AM

Tas,

Good post and great questions. EgoBasher - Jimbo, is the only member of TE/MC other then Ellis who played previous games with us. None of the others are.

Your guys biggest headache is from Jim AKA EgoBasher. He has very little in-game charisma or tact, and is generally not very good at understanding the mind-set of the on-line gamer.

However, that being said, Jim and I have known each other since 7th grade (33 years), we have been best man at our weddings, thrown into jail together, fought in countless bar fights together (some we actually won!).

So for me personally it's a pretty rough scenario. Because one of your members is a cock to me, or 2 or 3, is not enough to make me hate KGB as I do not take this personally at all, I enjoy KGB and accept the fact that not all of the members here are Jetstar, some of them are just fucking nutty.

In the big picture of gaming, I have played along side against and on the same side as KGB since Tanarus, thats a long fucking time.

To point the finger of doom at ND/MC in Darkfall and say they are squarely to blame while KGB or other guilds that were in that alliance are blameless is silly. Also, the actions of KGB once the separation happened was not good willed, it was filled with bitterness and revenge, hell, you engineered the sacking of 2 of their cities knowing you would not use the cities or could hold them.

Had I been playing at the time, I would have said Kudos to you and had a beer with you all for showing me the error of my ways and kicking some fucking dirt in my mouth, I can take a shot in the mouth and still walk away happy.

One thing I have learned about Darkfall from my personal observations running my own team, running Dune when it had a jillion people in it, and then watching others run alliances/guilds , is that this game brings out the very best as well as the very worst in people.

In real life, you would like Jim (Basher), period. He is super likable, generous to a fault, and would cover your ass when those 15 guys were about to kick your ass. Sadly this does not come across in game and even guys on the team who have known him for 20 years feel the same.

I don't want TeamEgo/MC to have an acrimonious relationship with KGB. I would like to think we could kick each others ass in a game and still have the respect that 2 old clans should have for one another.

Thanks for your time, sorry for the long winded post smile
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Reapette Krona Rejoing MC - 04/16/10 03:48 AM
Great post Carl, it adds perspective for me personally.
Posted By: Krayton Re: Reapette Krona Rejoing MC - 04/17/10 01:53 PM
The only people i even have a problem with (and i believe others could agree) are the members of ND and their alliance who never give us credit for any victory we achieve then shove any loss in our face.

We only win because of X (x being something not respectable or in many cases pathetic)

We only lose because of Y (y being that they are awesome... something that we obviously are just failing to see because we are too busy being ignorant or whatever)

Other than that, i have enjoyed the raids, the sieges and the constant call to arms in general. I personally wouldn't mind seeing things as you have mentioned them, so long as the members you are talking about were not part of the X, Y situations listed above.
I only make a point of this because i am that last person to make excuses when i lose, i give props where they are to be given or i simply keep my mouth shut.
In game or in life that is just how i am and i expect the same respect from others or else im just going to be a complete ass to them because they have proven (for now at least) that they arent worth giving respect to.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Reapette Krona Rejoing MC - 04/17/10 02:42 PM
Good morning. Carl and I go way back, and will always be friends. That said, I take issue with some of this statements.

Your guys biggest headache is from Jim AKA EgoBasher. He has very little in-game charisma or tact, and is generally not very good at understanding the mind-set of the on-line gamer.

Wicked is by far our biggest headache, hands down. I didnt really have a problem with Basher.

To point the finger of doom at ND/MC in Darkfall and say they are squarely to blame while KGB or other guilds that were in that alliance are blameless is silly. Also, the actions of KGB once the separation happened was not good willed, it was filled with bitterness and revenge, hell, you engineered the sacking of 2 of their cities knowing you would not use the cities or could hold them.

It is this statement that I have a problem with. KGB was in ND to stay and was committed to working out the problems. While we had problems too, we endured one of the worst events I have ever experienced in gaming. When a member of HH was not forced out of the alliance after getting one of our members banned just to be a douchebag, and for doing something that all of us did and was clearly not a violation of the TOS was just over the top. If this had happened to MC, I would have supported you, and demanded that this member be forced out. Clearly each member guild had a stated value to MC in DFO, and KGB's was simply 0. Even after that we stuck with it, only to be replaced in ND by a guild that we brought in. Quickly we realized that this guild was less than honorable and I am ultimately glad this all happened. I am glad we discovered the alliances true colors before we wasted anymore time or lost any more members. Although ND will claim they "offfered us a city" when we departed, it was just because they felt bad for being horrible to us. The damage was done at that point, and we deserved way more than a 24 hour eviction notice. As to the revenge, KGB and others that ND had wronged teamed up to give them what they deserved, and we use both holdings everyday. Unfortunately, I would go as far as to say that those running MC in DFO have permanently tarnished the reputation of your organization with the underhanded deals and our right back stabbing they have taken part in since your departure. I have said over and over, I wished that you would have still been at the head of MC here, and none of this would have happened.

Had I been playing at the time, I would have said Kudos to you and had a beer with you all for showing me the error of my ways and kicking some fucking dirt in my mouth, I can take a shot in the mouth and still walk away happy.

I don't want TeamEgo/MC to have an acrimonious relationship with KGB. I would like to think we could kick each others ass in a game and still have the respect that 2 old clans should have for one another.

As long as you are at the head of your organization in game, I will offer MC the same respect and long time trust I have always had. If Basher or Wicked is at the head, they will remain an enemy, and in my opinion are untrustworthy.

Thanks for listening.
Posted By: Carl Re: Reapette Krona Rejoing MC - 04/17/10 04:59 PM
Thanks for the post bro smile

Old guys need to stick together!

Appreciate all the candor and maturity here on this thread. On behalf of TE/MC I apologize for the actions of our members in Darkfall. Look forward to trying a re-start in some game in the future!

Cheers!
© The KGB Oracle