I agree, which is why I view UO:Hybrid as a training area for the next game, hopefully Darkfall if it pans out, or maybe World of Conan, which I have only recently started hearing about. Maybe some other game altogether.

Regardless, we need to start training the KGB Machine, and UO:Hybrid is perhaps a place to start. We work on smoothing things out in ventrillo, or teamspeak, we learn to coordinate in teams together, we organize in the forums the events we want to organize. It's a training exercise.

It's like when I was in the service. When we wanted to train to go to war, we didn't go bomb Duluth, Minnesota with live ordinance, although that would have been very realistic training. We flew missions in the simulator, and we dropped practice munitions on bombing ranges, and flew in Red Flag exercises, etc, etc. Then when the REAL wars emerged in Afghanistan and Iraq, the troops were ready to employ and dominate.

So, UO:Hybrid is our simulator, our bombing range. It's not the real thing, but it is where we start identifying the cadre of leaders we will need for when we do move to the real thing.

Right now, UO:Hybrid is adequate. Do not reject the adequate in pursuit of the perfect. Those who expect to be leaders in the Next Big Thing should the ones leading the way now, in a training capacity. We are not looking necessarily to develop 'l33t game skills in UO, but we do need to work on leadership, discipline, cohesiveness, and organization.

That won't happen by idling your time away by yourself in some other game waiting for GameX to be released.

For what it's worth...

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council