Originally Posted By: Ictinike

I'm sure each of you could find 5, 10 maybe 20 people who could really use a break. Have it be a free meal or maybe a ride because they've no car to drive themselves. It's the simple things that bring us together and the current trend is to rally upon something massive to show your `one of the ones` who helped. Why does suffering, hunger and disasters around the world unite those of these United States of America while pat yourselves on the back for `doing the right thing` just as you shuffle past some homeless guy you don't even acknowledge?

Again, I already do everything you have outlined in your post. I am an officer in a volunteer organization that does everything you listed in your post. I don't do it for any type of "pat on the back," I specifically do it to make each one of those peoples lives...just that much better. I donate anything I have on me at the time to any homeless man/woman I have ever seen. The last person to pick-up someone for a ride in my area ended up being stabbed, gutted and left in a dumpster. Sorry, I will donate my time and money, but I will not permit a sranger into my car in this area. I would gladly call and pay for a taxi for them, but they aren't getting in my car lol.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]