I am not disagreeing with you at all. I didn't say management was competent. I didn't say companies were smart. I said they have one goal and it is not to make employees happy. It is to make a return on its investments.

"the best and brightest performers that those Employeer's took the opportunity to crap all over are going to be giving a vote of no confidence, and take their game some place else."

My point exactly. And some will not wait till normalcy to change jobs. It's a bad economy, but it is far from a dead economy. It's the people that get up and look for another job with steadfastness or take the time to improve or change their skill set are the ones that will work where they want to work and not settle for what is dished out to them.

It is human nature to settle in and accept what you have. It's easier to deal with the devil you have than the devil you don't know. I've worked for some crappy assed companies in the past and I remember sitting there telling myself, I'm getting another job, but I'd take my paycheck, go home and crank up the MMO and start playing instead of looking for another job, or improving my skills, or cleaning up my resume. Next thing you know, another year has passed at a crappy job and I was moving on to a new MMO. And my opinion is, I deserved to work at that crappy job. Why? Because I wasn't willing to put in the extra effort to look for something else.

I think we are saying basically the same thing. What I get from you is that the company is fucking up and dropping turds on their employees and that it is wrong. I am saying, it might be wrong, but the employees can drop a turd in their cubicle on their way out to door as they start their new job elsewhere.

If the employees do not leave, why should the company change its practices?