A quick Google search pulled up a pile of blogs and the like, stuffed to the brim with people who share your concern. It turns out that there is no comment from Obama's party concerning the "civilian national security force."

I needed to request an absentee ballot to vote this year, and I've already sent it in. I neglected to check any presidential parties; I only voted for local and state government. Since I've been living on my own, off campus, and working a lot of my political views have changed and I have grown dissatisfied with both major candidates. I expect Obama to win.

That said, I remain hopeful regarding Obama straying from his script here. For my own peace of mind I am going to assume he improvised poor wording while he was trying to spice up his script. I see that 20 second clip as foreshadowing his plan to give more power to not-for-profits and grassroots efforts. It could be safe to assume he was simply trying to motivate people by expressing that he wants to put "funding" and "power" directly into the hands of the people [for education, innovation, and *true* patriotism, not for giving us the power to micromanage each others lives].

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]