Misunderstandings happen all the time.

I had a couple people I grouped with over the weekend saying KGB was ganking them back in Tortage during the opening week of the games release.

I explained that wasn't part of our guild policy and asked them for names and what not, they said they forgot so I just buried it and told them that if anyone in KGB was rez camping to let me know and I'd have leadership take care of it because we take things like that which go against our policy seriously.

Now, were KGB'ers camping rez points? I seriously doubt it. The people I were grouping with probably got killed by another group and saw some KGB'ers running through the screen on quests and assumed they were part of it. Or they saw another guild that looked like KGB and got things confused over the couple weeks it's been since launch.

The issue with Shadow Legion obviously a different circumstance as there was a long series of tells between sides, but I agree with a lot of the comments above and can attest to the fact that it's impossible for a high king or any leadership structure for that manner to completely control the actions of a 100+ person force at all times. Hell, I used to run a Quake team and we only had 12 members and that was even impossible to control between myself and our co-captain because we'd still get complaints from people, sometimes legit sometimes bogus.

Mablung probably grouped up with a bunch of idiot PK'ers and when they started ganking everyone for fun, he didn't have the brain to remove himself from the group and head back to town to look for a new group. I almost got caught in the same prediciment recently. I tried to run with a Sanctum group (non-KGB) over the weekend and the first thing the leader says is, "let's gank some lowbies on the way, it's fun". I politely declined, said something came up and I had to go, switched instances and picked another group to run with.

Last edited by Tonto_KGB; 06/02/08 07:31 AM.