They still never emphasize the 400 lb gorilla in the room. This game is going to come down to hit detection, latency and balancing. I never doubted they could roll out amazing eye candy with all the money and vision they have. Yes it's pretty, yes they are progressing, but until they can prove they have addressed the core netcode, server load, load scaling, define instancing in space/fps, nail hit detection and balancing (which is never finished), than it's all just hawt centerfolds holding mugs of beer that you can't bang or drink.

Best summation article I have seen to date about the back history and story of how this title has evolved. I felt the author did a decent job balancing retaining access to CIG while being critical and honest where it was needed. Straight up CIG has put effective "gag orders" in there employment contracts and outsourcing deals. Emperor Roberts won't have you making public statements to the press about any issues. Really, its his wife imho opinion behind the scenes being the shrewd business person. The only thing positive I can say about her so far is that she resisted the internal demand to release this game in pieces and monetize it along the way akin to most titles today. Give them 40% of the game at full price and then day one DLC them for another 70 bucks (EA, yea that's you).

Article: KOTAKU: Star Citizen; a troubled development

Last edited by Tasorin; 09/23/16 05:00 PM.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!