One of the biggest problems CIG is having is ship creep and the fact they billed a ship design as "X" and sold it to consumers and then continued the ship escalation war (See: Sabre). Think of all those Hornets that CIG sold and SuperHornets and then the different varriants of Hornets, only to shit dick the fuck out of the Hornet and with the current last several build turn it into a flying brick (half the speed/maneuvering) and seventy five percent of its original fire power. All because they didn't or can't really balance ships via concept designs, it isn't until you start lining ships up and pitting them against each other that you start to find the areas that need balance.

DO NOT BUY A SHIP BECAUSE OF IT'S SPECIFICATIONS!!

Buy a ship frame because you want to support CIG develop SC and purchase one that fulfills a "ROLE" you want to play. Let the rest of your HangAr be earned through in game effort. Just remember that you will be able to purchase in game credits for real life money, so you might as well wait until the ship creep dust settles and they have to lock down configurations and ship creep heading into a live title.

The single thing that makes me most happy about SC is that I broke even through grey market sales before CIG shut the door on it and my total cost of ownership for two accounts is $0.00 plus my personal time.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!