KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 14 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aviendha
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,002,032 Trump card
1,336,056 Picture Thread
476,615 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 64 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 63 64
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Mithus
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang

What about the man in Norway that was able to kill 87 people. He was on a remote Island that took time to get to and he knew it. That's why he picked that location, also setting a diversion like the bomb going off helped because law enforcement was focused on that.

You're describing a scenario different from what I said like a big city, that event begun wrong with hundreds of people gathering and no security there. If you go to a remote Island or region I agree that would be a good thing to have law abid citzens with guns

Let's ban knives too while we're at it as they can be used in a crowd to do mass murder: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akihabara_massacre

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp#accidents

617 fatal gun accidents in the US in 2007. There were 300 million guns at that time.

32000 fatal traffic accidents in the US in 2007. There were about 300 million cars in the US.

The "prevent accidents" arguement doesnt work.

What part of the second amendment is so hard to understand? If you lefties want to change it so bad, start on a constitutional amendment. We all know you wont becausr no one will vote for it. Instead, like serpents, you sneakily try to do it by judicial fiat. Your hatred of democracy is never more apparent than with things like abortion, gun control, or gay marriage. You know you cant win with ideas so you head straight to the sort of dictatorship you secretly crave. It is pathetic

KGB Darkfall
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sinij
Originally Posted By: Daye
Do you think that availability of illegal guns correlates to availability of legal guns?

Of course they do. Those who cannot obtain a weapon legally will find a means to obtain it. Typically through the use of a straw purchase or other methods.

Would you rather deal with thugs armed with handguns or automatic weapons and assault rifles?

Even as a pro-gun person I don't see how anyone could argue for keeping "implements of war" available to legal and illegal markets. They go above and beyond defend-anything, yet when they inevitably end up making into illegal hands they are used to wage war.

To be honest, it doesn't matter. Facing off against a thug with a handgun or the insane with a machine gun. The outcome for you is probably going to be the same.

The difference will be if you have the ability to counter by taking an active role in stopping it or leaving your life to the whims of said thug or Mr. Mental.

I will not let someone else decide my fate.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Do you think that availability of illegal guns correlates to availability of legal guns?

Of course they do. Those who cannot obtain a weapon legally will find a means to obtain it. Typically through the use of a straw purchase or other methods.

Would you rather deal with thugs armed with handguns or automatic weapons and assault rifles?

Even as a pro-gun person I don't see how anyone could argue for keeping "implements of war" available to legal and illegal markets. They go above and beyond defend-anything, yet when they inevitably end up making into illegal hands they are used to wage war.

To be honest, it doesn't matter. Facing off against a thug with a handgun or the insane with a machine gun. The outcome for you is probably going to be the same.

The difference will be if you have the ability to counter by taking an active role in stopping it or leaving your life to the whims of said thug or Mr. Mental.

I will not let someone else decide my fate.

This is the point. If there's a good chance I will not survive an attack like this, I AT LEAST want to be able to fight back and possibly change the outcome in order to save my life or someone else's by having the RIGHT to carry a weapon. If those that don't want to carry a weapon come across that scenario. Then it's their choice to sit there and die by letting someone else take their life.

The whole "we shouldn't have guns argument" should be over with. We have guns, they won't be going anywhere. So the best course of action is for our legal system to use the laws they have and actually ENFORCE them. To many times people with weapons charges get set free, only to use a firearm illegally AGAIN!

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
It's too easy to blame the tool when, the real problem, is the person. Though, since we can't legislate problem children out of the gene pool, folks try to go after the easy target. The firearm.

In fact, I had my pistol with me today while I was out shooting wildlife with my camera. Wasn't carrying it for the possibility of running into bears, werewolves, or zombie rabbits. I carry it because $5000 worth of camera and lens tends to attract attention from too many folks. Thugs included.

I own firearms for the same reasons I lock my doors at night. The same reason all of my $$$ toys are locked in my safe. The same reason I scrutinize the hell out of any vehicle driving on my street I don't recognize.

Because while most folks are decent enough, there are just enough assholes in the world to require things like locks, safes, alarms, police, and firearms.

When the world becomes nice enough that we no longer need the military or the police, I'll happily hand in my weapon. Until that day happens, I understand my safety ( as well as those whom I live with ) is MY responsibility. As such, I have to ensure the odds are tipped in my favor as much as I possibly can.

Since Fus Ro Da, being a damn ninja, or offspring of Chuck Norris isn't much for me to hope for, I rely on my ability to use a firearm if / when the situation calls for it.

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
That's a tragic story. I hope one day we get all the facts. Until then the best we can do is make assumptions based on news reporting that is passionately skewed in favor of the young man who lost his life.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
are we playing this game again? appeals to emotion are fallacies. anecdotes are not evidence.

http://www.davekopel.com/2a/othwr/principal&gun.htm

crime stopped by gun

KGB Darkfall
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Cheerio
are we playing this game again? appeals to emotion are fallacies. anecdotes are not evidence.

You might want to re-read first post that started this thread.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
For every story like this, you can find dozen where a guy pulls a gun in a drunken argument, shoots someone then goes to pound-me-in-the-ass for 20 to life.

I took your advice and, assuming events unfolded as portrayed in the clearly biased article you posted and forgiving that no one appears to be going to prison, you appear to be short 11 articles.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Page 8 of 64 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 63 64

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard