KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 64 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 63 64
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
After some thoughts, I changed my opinion, this matter should be handled by each city, or rural region.

There are places that do not have the security or police in a few minutes and you would have the right to protect yourself in the lack of a nearby policy force.

But to capital of states and places with a good police force it is not need to have a gun in a house or cancelead. I would be afraid for example if people could carry it in city of New York,San Francisco and Los Angeles, I do not want be shooted by mistake for example in a metro or bus.

But I realize that in regions that do not have police nearby the citzens would be allowed to protect their homes.

Last edited by Mithus; 02/18/12 01:59 PM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
So, in a big city where the average police response time (assuming you're even able to call the police) is 10 minutes, what are you supposed to do until the police arrive? Make tea and biscuits for the person who is assaulting you?

The police are at best a deterrent force who are often able to find perpetrators well after the fact. Very rarely are they able to intervene on anyone's behalf and save them from some tragedy.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
So, in a big city where the average police response time (assuming you're even able to call the police) is 10 minutes, what are you supposed to do until the police arrive? Make tea and biscuits for the person who is assaulting you?

The police are at best a deterrent force who are often able to find perpetrators well after the fact. Very rarely are they able to intervene on anyone's behalf and save them from some tragedy.

It's a choice to be made, I do calculate my risks/percentage. In a packed city/ subway/ferry/bus station I do not want everyone with a cancelead weapon.. Imagine everyone in Manhatam with a cancelead gun, too much idiots with a gun is too risk, I prefer only the thugs :P with one, because the percetage of they get me offguard is higher and my weapon will not save me. So I do not want be killed by a crazy wold women or a skiny depresive nerd/high with a gun shoting everyone in a big city, with a fire weapon anyone can be a threat. :P

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I'll stipulate your premise if you can find me one instance where a person who applied for a concealed carry permit, received one, was carrying legally, and then went nuts and killed a bunch of people in a crowded area.

The simple fact is that does not happen. What does happen is the psycho you're describing illegally carries a firearm to a crowded area, and unloads it indiscriminately. If someone who was trained and licenced to carry a firearm were there perhaps they would be able to kill the madman and cut his reign of terror short. In fact, I believe you can find instances where someone who was carrying legally has stopped someone trying to kill people.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I understand what you said but,let's hypothetically describe a scenario where everyone above 18 years old would be carrying a firearm gun canceled in a big city with millions of people.
I personally would be feeling very unsafe instead of safe, living or visiting that city, because the possiblity of being shoted by mistake would dramatically increase even with the majority of that people had weapon legally, but again this is my personal feeling. :)

It's just math, with million of people carrying one, the chances of something goes wrong increase. To me is a question to weight the advantages and the disadvantages of everyone with a firegun, in a big city with police in a few minutes, I personally prefer everyone disarmed.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Mithus
I understand what you said but,let's hypothetically describe a scenario where everyone above 18 years old would be carrying a firearm gun canceled in a big city with millions of people.
I personally would be feeling very unsafe instead of safe, living or visiting that city, because the possiblity of being shoted by mistake would dramatically increase even with the majority of that people had weapon legally, but again this is my personal feeling. :)

It's just math, with million of people carrying one, the chances of something goes wrong increase. To me is a question to weight the advantages and the disadvantages of everyone with a firegun, in a big city with police in a few minutes, I personally prefer everyone disarmed.

What about the man in Norway that was able to kill 87 people. He was on a remote Island that took time to get to and he knew it. That's why he picked that location, also setting a diversion like the bomb going off helped because law enforcement was focused on that.

Imagine if a couple people had weapons on that Island, do you think he would have been able to systematically walk through and kill that many people if other's had a weapon to take him out? If ONE person had a weapon and was able to at least Injury him, would it have been worth saving all those other lives?

Go to Youtube and look at all the shootouts they have. Check out the robberies they have caught on camera. I remember one in particular where a couple robbers went into a Pawn Shop, one of them fired his shotgun as soon as they walked through the door. As soon as he did that the man behind the counter grabbed his pistol and returned fire. Come to find out the shotgun blast hit a female Employee in the neck, she lived. But when someone walks into someplace guns blazing, what do you think your chances of surviving is? I would bet those two would have been dead if the male employee didn't return fire.

We can sit an argue how bad it is to have weapons. Fact is we have them and there's noway to eliminate them all. I much rather be able to have a weapon of my own and at least have the opportunity to be able to protect myself rather than have nothing and die without having anything to fight back with. There's an old saying, never take a knife to a gun fight!

Last edited by Wolfgang; 02/19/12 07:56 AM.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Mithus

You're tilting at windmills. No one is advocating a circumstance where everyone over a certain age is packing heat. All we want is for the lefties to stop trying to make it impossible for us to follow the laws as they are written now and to ease regulations in certain areas where possession has been outlawed. All of that still supposes that we will continue to have to attend courses and interview with the local sheriff in order to carry concealed.

KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
I remember one in particular where a couple robbers went into a Pawn Shop, one of them fired his shotgun as soon as they walked through the door. As soon as he did that the man behind the counter grabbed his pistol and returned fire. Come to find out the shotgun blast hit a female Employee in the neck, she lived. But when someone walks into someplace guns blazing, what do you think your chances of surviving is? I would bet those two would have been dead if the male employee didn't return fire.

I fundamentally disagree with you here. The reason robbers went in guns blazing is because they very reasonably expected people inside to be armed. The fact that in US you expect to deal with armed people is main reason why you don't hesitate to shoot.

You hear someone breaking into your house? Shoot them first, never mind it was drunk next door neighbor confusing the house or teenager after your alcohol cabinet. You are breaking into someone's house to steal a TV and got surprised by an owner? You shoot them first, because you expect to get blown up in turn if you hesitate.

This and nothing else is why US has such ridiculously high number of gun-related violence.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sinij
I remember one in particular where a couple robbers went into a Pawn Shop, one of them fired his shotgun as soon as they walked through the door. As soon as he did that the man behind the counter grabbed his pistol and returned fire. Come to find out the shotgun blast hit a female Employee in the neck, she lived. But when someone walks into someplace guns blazing, what do you think your chances of surviving is? I would bet those two would have been dead if the male employee didn't return fire.

I fundamentally disagree with you here. The reason robbers went in guns blazing is because they very reasonably expected people inside to be armed. The fact that in US you expect to deal with armed people is main reason why you don't hesitate to shoot.

You hear someone breaking into your house? Shoot them first, never mind it was drunk next door neighbor confusing the house or teenager after your alcohol cabinet. You are breaking into someone's house to steal a TV and got surprised by an owner? You shoot them first, because you expect to get blown up in turn if you hesitate.

This and nothing else is why US has such ridiculously high number of gun-related violence.

So why don't you find the numbers on gun related deaths by murder, then look-up gun related deaths by some drunk simply going into the wrong house?

You ignorance of how normal people with guns behave is amazing. Seems you think of people with guns as someone that will just start shooting in the dark at anything. Now do ACCIDENTS happen? Yes they do it's sad so do accidents with cars,knives ect.

Usually people don't just go shooting through a door, if someone is trying to get into my house I'm going to check it out and try to get a good visual to see if they have a weapon or not. If they don't have a weapon I will let them know someone is in the house. If they continue inside and are coming at me in a threatening manner well that's their mistake.

To think people just go shooting up anything that moves if pretty fucking dumb on your part. We know you think guns are bad m-kay... arguing that we shouldn't have them should be long but over with. Reality is we do have them, so unless you plan to take every single firearm away from every citizen and military throughout the world, then your going to always have guns.

Just in case you forgot the definition of Reality:
re·al·i·ty/rēˈalətē/
Noun:
The world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them: "he refuses to face reality".
A thing that is actually experienced or seen, esp. when this is grim or problematic: "the harsh realities of life".

Last edited by Wolfgang; 02/19/12 11:30 AM.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council

What about the man in Norway that was able to kill 87 people. He was on a remote Island that took time to get to and he knew it. That's why he picked that location, also setting a diversion like the bomb going off helped because law enforcement was focused on that.

You're describing a scenario different from what I said like a big city, that event begun wrong with hundreds of people gathering and no security there. If you go to a remote Island or region I agree that would be a good thing to have law abid citzens with guns

Quote:
You're tilting at windmills. No one is advocating a circumstance where everyone over a certain age is packing heat. All we want is for the lefties to stop trying to make it impossible for us to follow the laws as they are written now and to ease regulations in certain areas where possession has been outlawed. All of that still supposes that we will continue to have to attend courses and interview with the local sheriff in order to carry concealed.

What's is wrong with abiding to local rules about weapons regulations? If the elected representative changed the weapon regulation in that region is a signal that the local population wanted that, and you have to respect that :).

Page 7 of 64 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 63 64

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard