KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,019,620 Trump card
1,339,131 Picture Thread
477,934 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
As of today it was confirmed by Matt Higby that all PS1 players whose Station Account shows they purchased PS1 at some point (Be the subscription active or inactive as of today) will gain first shot at Beta invites.

Let me stress this point yet again. It is imperative that you log into your Station Account and make sure it has your PS1 title in the list of "Games".

Then you must check and make sure that the Station Account Email assigned as your contact email is still active and valid. Then you MUST go to the Planetside 2 Official website and register that Station Account email as the email for your beta account.

Originally Posted By: Matt Higby

PS1 players, Fan Faire 2011 attendees and PC Gamer keys will have first access to beta once it begins.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
BIG BIG BIG BIG News!

That is right Ninja's. We have a way as well to get people in for sure, and not hope they get an invite through the pool.

PC Gamer Magazine's April issue will (Both news stand and subscription) will have a PS2 Beta Key. The expectation is that Closed beta will start in the very end of April or the start of May 2012.

If you don't want to take a chance on getting in via the open pool for Beta you can purchase the PC Gamer April magazine and get a key that way.

Check it out at PC Gamer Magazine

Magazine will be on news stands Feb 28th in the US.

With those Beta keys going out starting Feb 28th I sent Higby a PM and posed the question "So if 1 + 1 = 2, and PC Gamer is giving away keys, then those of us with a Station account and PS1 who registered should be getting our Beta emails at the same time, no?"

Higby responded with "I can promise you that the PS1 Vets won't get left out in the cold and will be the first ones with Beta access."

I would expect that by the end of April we should be in Beta going Pew Pew die Barney die!

Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
For the record, I will be purchasing a couple of magazines for the beta keys and setting up KGB PS2 Beta gmail accounts so that we have a pool of rotational accounts.

I just want to say, anyone who gets access to a rotational account and goes in and changes the login and password for the account will draw out ire in me not seen since the last time someone hit my baby sister and I almost killed someone with my bare hands.

Yeah its like that. I trust all of you to do the right thing, don't let me down.

I am hoping we have a pool of 5-10 rotational accounts that are open access to KGB members who would like to check out the game in Beta, be it prime time or off hours. Just be ready that there may be a high demand during prime time for account access. Everyone who wants some stick time will get some stick time, just be patient about getting your chance.

I am thinking of using the "Library" process and having people check out the account.

/discuss

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
For the record, I will be purchasing a couple of magazines for the beta keys and setting up KGB PS2 Beta gmail accounts so that we have a pool of rotational accounts.

I just want to say, anyone who gets access to a rotational account and goes in and changes the login and password for the account will draw out ire in me not seen since the last time someone hit my baby sister and I almost killed someone with my bare hands.

Yeah its like that. I trust all of you to do the right thing, don't let me down.

I am hoping we have a pool of 5-10 rotational accounts that are open access to KGB members who would like to check out the game in Beta, be it prime time or off hours. Just be ready that there may be a high demand during prime time for account access. Everyone who wants some stick time will get some stick time, just be patient about getting your chance.

I am thinking of using the "Library" process and having people check out the account.

/discuss

As one who has setup KGB GMail accounts for MB:Warband in the past I can say there is a recovery portion you can have it email you, at the other account, to reset the password.

In fact, you can just use the 2 that I have already and add additional ones to fit the bill if you like. I can get you the 2-3 I have already tied to my personal acct for recovery.

As well you shouldn't need much after you personally activate the beta on the email in the way of others accessing the GMail account. Just keep it secure and let them use the login/pwd to the game. More to manage (if you can even say that) but you'll retain ownership.

/reply

Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I was talking about changing the login and password for the Station Account. But that post was also me in a really pissy mood after getting reamed out by a Sr. Director about "Not getting him all his damn money from a crappy supplier." Never mind the fact we returned 12% performance and retired $42M in risk, enabling this Sr. Dir to go out and re contract the parts and services.

I love me some peter principal.

After re reading my post, the other thing you shouldn't do when mad....make posts.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Tas,

One other thing.. right now we are unsure as to how many characters you can have on a beta account. In thinking this anyone on the KGB Rotational Account #1 would have to play the same character if only 1 is allowed.

I would presume there would be easy respec of certs so people could easily test things instead of grinding up to fly a Mosquito only to re-roll and level up to drive a vanguard -or- waiting the arbitrary time of X mins/hours to respect only a portion of their certs but if not you will have people building a character that others will play and possibly build against not to the liking of the other users or Rotational Account #1; if you get my gist.

Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Here is the thing.

You can have every skill.

You can't be everything at once.

Rotational accounts will benefit from playtime and hours both online and offline skilling up whatever on whatever tree the previous person was working on. Instead of having to re-roll when the rotational account changes hands, you simple have to skill up what you would like to play that anyone else has played before you didn't skill up. Side benefit being, the rotational account still can choose from any of the previous skills in any of the other trees when choosing their load out.

No one knows what the cool down timer is going to be when switching in and out skills up to your toons skill cap. One would assume a 5 minuet cool down would be reasonable for changing skill load outs. I would surmise if there were a total of say 100 skills, and every skill was worth 1 skill point to your total skill points allowed before you cap, that 25 skill points would be a decent skill point cap.

That is the versatility of building custom classes that PS2 is suppose to provide. Now the question will be is can they really find that many viable options out the entire skill system with all the available combinations.

Then layer on the skill combinations the effect of a side grade by slots on every thing in the game. Armor, weapons, kits and vehicles.

Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Oh, it was said by Higby that once your account chose a faction on a server, you could not make another toon on that account on one of the other 2 factions on that same server.

You would have to roll another faction either on another server on the account with your first toon on your starter server, or have a second F2P account tied to a 2nd Station Account in order to play 2 factions on the same server.

Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: RadarX

I wanted to drop in and clarify Beta access for former PlanetSide 1 players. As stated players will receive priority access. This means they will receive access early in the Beta process. This does not mean every former PlanetSide 1 player will get in before anyone else. All we can do is ensure those folks will get in before most others.

Basically they are "clarifying" the position that you not get a guaranteed spot in beta just because you bought the PC Gamer mag or had a PS1 account. It just means that you have been flagged as "priority" over someone who applied who has none of the three priority access options on there account.

I asked Higby this morning if they were going to do a lottery drawing for Beta access and then give more lots to those with priority access, with more lots for each type of priority access you have. Ensuring that someone who bought the PC Magazine, has a PS1 account on there applied Station Account, and attended the 2011 Fan Faire would have the highest probability of being drawn in the lottery.

Basically he responded that there were going to be between 20-50k beta requests when the first stage opens up, and that not every one of those people were going to get into the first stage of beta. He did let leak that they already have in excess of 20k beta requests right now in the system.

Something to think about. We are not guaranteed a spot in Beta by having a PS1 account or by buying the PC mag, it just gives us supposedly "priority" over anyone who doesn't have those options checked in the data base.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
[yes] [clap] [thumbsup} [thumbsup} [thumbsup} [thumbsup}

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard