KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 64 1 2 3 4 63 64
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sinij
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
+1 Concealed Carry Permit

Lets talk about taking responsibility for your weapon. If you purchase a gun you now have to be responsible for how its get used. Someone gets shot with your gun and you didn't report it stolen and documented all circumstances that go on your permanent file - you are considered accomplice.

Plus gun is a lot deadlier than a car, why is it so much easier to get gun permit than driver license? The very least is you have to be able to demonstrate safety and competence with a gun before you are allowed to "drive it". Just like cars.

IS a gun deadlier than a car?
CARS
Over 32,000 people died in car accidents in 2010. From what I've seen gun deaths, Including suicide & accidents range about 25-30 thousand. To think we take test's in order to get a license to drive, and even have to show in part of that test that you can drive and handle a car. Yet all those vehicle deaths still occur.

Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
It's upstate New York in a moderate sized semi-rural town. Probably a 70-80% chance its three white boys up to no good.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Guns are a right.
Driving a car is a privilege.

You ask I answer.

KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
All I ever have to say on this topic is:

List of countries by firearm-related death rate

US is only behind South Africa, Colombia and Guatemala.

Even Mexico with all its organized crime problems has less firearm-related deaths.

Yes, being an idiot (dangerous one at that) is your constitution-protected right. If you exercise this right you should be responsible for your actions. Get gun "driving license" and "gun insurance" if you ever plan to take your gun anywhere outside your property line.

Have you read Darwin Awards (stupid ways to kill yourself), specifically gun category? Fun fun

Last edited by sinij; 01/26/12 09:03 PM.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
All I ever have to say on this topic is:

List of countries by firearm-related death rate

US is only behind South Africa, Colombia and Guatemala.

Even Mexico with all its organized crime problems has less firearm-related deaths.

Yes, being an idiot (dangerous one at that) is your constitution-protected right. If you exercise this right you should be responsible for your actions. Get gun "driving license" and "gun insurance" if you ever plan to take your gun anywhere outside your property line.

Have you read Darwin Awards (stupid ways to kill yourself), specifically gun category? Fun fun

Try the same thing when checking areas where CC is authorized in the US and where it's not.

hint: usually big cities have low numbers of people carrying and have more crimes.

Also, check the numbers for assault, rapes and other violent attacks which are the kind of shit deterred by citizen owning weapons.
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_rap_vic-crime-rape-victims
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_ass_vic-crime-assault-victims
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_gun_vio_hom_ove_hom_rat_per_100_pop-rate-per-100-000-pop
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_per_100_peo-murders-per-100-000-people
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_pro_cri_vic-crime-property-victims
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_rob_vic-crime-robbery-victims

I like the wikipedia source associated with the statement about Mexico : data comes from 1996 while the drug war got crazy batshit insane after the 2000.
Also, what I like about Wikipedia and the Mexico numbers is how they give the details while the source paper says : "Mexico is included in the 36 countries even though it did not report on firearm deaths for which intentionality could not be determined, because firearm deaths of undetermined intentionality represent on average <8 % of the total firearm mortality of each country."

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Guns are like smoking, there is absolutely nothing good that could possibly come out of it that would outweigh all the negatives, but because of historical situation it is heavily controversial issues that now painted as freedoms.

People who have no problem getting their junk fondled by TSA, a much bigger violation of personal rights, seems to turn around and have huge problem with legislating responsibly for gun.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Guns are like smoking, there is absolutely nothing good that could possibly come out of it that would outweigh all the negatives, but because of historical situation it is heavily controversial issues that now painted as freedoms.

The fact weapons helped your country get out of english hands may have been a good thing. I may be dumb but governments and other mafias have not changed in 300 years I think.
A good thing with guns is that a fragile woman, an handicapped or anyone at a physical disadvantage can have a chance to defend himself and his property.
And that is a very good thing imo.

People who have no problem getting their junk fondled by TSA, a much bigger violation of personal rights, seems to turn around and have huge problem with legislating responsibly for gun.

Strawman.

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Arkh, you must know Sinij is just going to keep pulling up stuff trying to prove how bad guns are. It's ok if you or someone you love get's killed by someone. But you're the bad guy if you want to have a gun to defend you or your family.

We all know without guns crime would drop to nearly zero. People wouldn't die by accidents, or suicides by guns. The world would all the sudden be a batter place and we all would get along.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 01/28/12 11:26 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight

I don't care about gun homicide rates, the important thing is the global homicide rate.
Because if I want to kill someone in France where owning a gun is hard I'm gonna stab, drive over, beat him, poison or use anything which I can get my hands on. Same thing for suicide. Also, what is the percentage of gun homicide in the US where the killer is legally owning his gun?

But one little thing in your study: "the study included [...]Canada, [...] New Zealand, [...] Sweden" in those countries you can carry a gun. And their gun related homicide rate is low. Which means this rate is not only due to gun carry laws.

Page 2 of 64 1 2 3 4 63 64

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard