KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 24 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Morgus
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,008,018 Trump card
1,337,852 Picture Thread
477,360 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Vuldan #94689 11/08/11 07:46 AM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Quote:

So..if they re-did it, changed the city building to more SB type in that you could build where you wished

When thinking about the total freedom in other parts of DF, I have to wonder why the city part was so restrictive. Man, a SB type system in DF, that would add a LOT to the game.

Former KGB Member
Vuldan #94690 11/08/11 10:06 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Yeah I was in a similar boat, the grind killed me. But not in the sense that I didn't enjoy the grind, more so that I had more important things to attend to like school. With all the time I have to devote to school these days, keeping up with the grind became impossible for me and I slowly fell behind the pack. So at that point I found myself leaving my character online running macros while I studied and eventually came to the decision that I might as well stop playing since a computer was essentially playing for me.

So next best thing for me is EVE the skill grind is passive so falling behind doesn't happen and the community we had in DF could be replicated there fairly easy with how the game is set up with corporate owned stations and territory wars.

Darkfall was great how it was in my opinion, I just wasn't great for Darkfall at this current point in my life.

(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
The Grind has changes substantially.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
EhWoL Offline OP
Former Member
OP Offline
Former Member
Originally Posted By: JetStar
The Grind has changes substantially.

True, also what is needed to be pvp viable has changed(lessoned imo).

More or complete freedom for city building would have been nice but in no way would be game maker or breaker for anyone(not in anyway I can see) They have redone all the NPC and player cities for 2.0 so doubtful to come anyway.

I don't see them wiping and if they did many may come back but they would leave again shortly after for whatever reason they left originally. Sure everyone would start at the same level but unless they made it take a month to max out(terrible idea) then those with the time would surpass you once again and you would be doing yourself a diservice compared to the level your charactor is now vs the server average without a wipe.

DFO is a hardcore niche game, there is nothing else out there like it. It is not for everyone or even most, but they shouldn't make any major changes to the game as is, only continue to fix bugs, keep balancing to create diversity and release more expansions/input more activities. Oh and advertise!

EhWoL #94876 11/10/11 06:37 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Mortal isnt that bad you just need to put it in perspective of what darkfall did and what mortal are doing instead of waiting 10 years to come out with a game that is almost complete they released it half empty to get subs and are using that money to hire people and add stuff as they go but im seeing alot of people merging to mortal from darkfall I enjoy it for the most part as they are using ideas from players to push forward with the game too but the best part is there is almost no grind at all. which is nice for me since ive been working alot lately

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: Ifantis
Mortal isnt that bad you just need to put it in perspective of what darkfall did and what mortal are doing instead of waiting 10 years to come out with a game that is almost complete they released it half empty to get subs and are using that money to hire people and add stuff as they go but im seeing alot of people merging to mortal from darkfall I enjoy it for the most part as they are using ideas from players to push forward with the game too but the best part is there is almost no grind at all. which is nice for me since ive been working alot lately

Any recent reviews anywhere, if it is like DFO, I would think KGB would be totaly into it.

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Darkfall next patch: House owners can share their house safe with tenants.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard