KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,019,620 Trump card
1,339,131 Picture Thread
477,934 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Corpus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
No PvP in darkfall?

Really?

What are you doing for PvP, standing by the bank of one of our allies larger cities, holding a sword up and expecting people to jump on it?

No trees to chop or rocks to mine either?

I have heard (more than once) people running around newbie areas and not finding a newbie naked mining, “There is no PvP”. Yet I go farming a dungeon with a group of KGB and Houdini seems to find PvP and our loot. Why is that?

No PvP? Mine one of OPP’s mines. You’ll find PvP I expect.

I mean no disrespect to people, just concepts.

Don’t say “There is no PvP, DF is dead” if what you mean is there are no naked noobs for me to find where I looked because they have been all farmed out. This isn’t even PvP.

Don’t say “There is no PvP, DF is dead” if what you mean is “there are no large groups the moment I logged in just waiting for me”. 90% of the time I get my ass kicked it is one or two peeps. Listening to vent, I think that is typical. In my previous example of Houdini taking out a group of us, he was alone (and hopefully not spaming clan chat there is no PvP while he kicked our ass’s)

Most often when people are talking about no PvP and server is dead I see list of KGBers killed in Clan Kills tab. Is that a bug?

Why can enemies find PvP and not KGB members?

Need a group to PvP? If you cannot get a group together for PvP what should you do? Quit and join another clan and end up PvPing solo or in a small group? To date I have never know a good Pvper who couldn’t be good alone. None, not one, never.

Just like any problem if we look to ourselves rather than the external things we blame perhaps we may discover some insight? Humm?? Instead of reporting “Df dead! No PvP!” in clan chat or vent, consider why our enemies can find what doesn’t exist? Perhaps examine what you are doing or expecting?

IRC chat, vent and message boards great for social clubs, not so great for gaming or PvP. If you’re looking for the latest gossip or to chat, bored because you’ve been stuck alone with the kids all day than is the place for you. But if you’re looking for PvP, time for self reflection.

Know how I first found KGB? In UO I meet KGB by KGB members like Romeo and Ryu actually showing up in dungeons and fighting the same peeps we were fighting, ask Romeo, what size was the group I was in? Often I would be alone, or with 1 other, like 95% of the time.

No PvP? What the fuck are you doing? Have you made a patrol route of friendly hunting places and patrol that to make it safer of people farming and fighting any non-greens? Have you made is patrol route in the areas around enemy controlled areas?

Stop blaming others because you are not PvPing.

Look at what you’re doing. Whatever your doing, how is that working for you?

Opp, The Dominion wiped out? Oh yeah, they won't fight you, only the rest us there is no PvP for you in df.

Perhaps you could have fun in other ways, like frapsing Houdini running from you? Or take screen shots of him begging "no more KGB, no more"?

I don’t mean to sound insulting or disrespectful, I certainly don’t imply I am even good in PvP in df, I do not have the finger eye coordination for this targeting system. I suck I know that. But I do know there IS PvP, and DF is NOT dead.

Last edited by Ismash Grimblood; 03/02/11 04:43 PM.
Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
I would have to agreed Ismash !!

In the last few weeks I have heard a few times in chat that a person is board and nothing to do ....

I would have to say read above people !!!

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I can guess who it is that's saying there is no PVP. I know a few have called ganking harvesters "PVP'ing". I would suggest anyone that say's there's no PVP to go hit one of TSL's mines. Andruk would be a good place to hit, I know that alliance seems to be fairly active.

Darkfall isn't as populated as it was a year ago, but there is still plenty of pvp. If you go to some remote hamlet and know that clan holding it isn't very active, well i think it's a no brainer you're not really looking for pvp.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 03/02/11 02:26 AM.
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
yep.. You guys said it all.

Hell I still find plenty of pvp even when I am not looking for it. but I also know places to go when I dont want to PVP..

For anyone to say that there isnt any.. is crazy and not trying hard enough or just loosing interest all together. DFO is not an Instant Gratification Game.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
Email address needs updating
KGB Knight
Email address needs updating
NO PvP? I'm constantly ganked outside any city I'm in.

Inside our city Lord Critter is usually killing me smile

Last edited by Leeboi; 03/04/11 05:22 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Lol smile

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from auplod.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard