KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,034,252 Trump card
1,342,149 Picture Thread
480,195 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
My support ticket follows:
Quote:
Blue screen error with 1 character only
I am really stumped. I can log in two of my other Alternate accounts with no problem, but when I try to log in my primary, I am fighting the Bluescreen error BAD_POOL_CALLER. The first time it happened, I was porting to my house. I got the BAD_POOL_CALLER just as I finished the loading screen. I was unable to log the character in again on this computer without the bluescreen. I decided to completely remove Darkfall on this machine, being careful to remove all the data stored in /users/appdata/roaming. I was able to get the character logged in, redid my entire interface, and when I tried to open my bank, it Bluescreened again.
I can log the character on on another computer, I can only reproduce this problem with this character on my primary machine. My question to you is, is there something hidden that could be corrupt that I missed. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Please help and thanks.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
waiving the usual Darkfall sucks theory, have you tried a complete uninstall and reinstall, as I am sure that will be the first thing CS tells you to do.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Jet one or more of your XML files is too big and it's core dumping..

I had this once before but I'm not sure where it's at.. It's in your interface so if you backed up your UI, logged in fine, then you state you got your UI back (did you copy back the old files?) then I would find where they are stored (I believe in your Documents & Settings\<name> (XP/Vista) or Users\<name> (Win7) and remove one at at time but I'm sure you'll see by the sizes which one to do first.

I wouldn't delete them but remove them again 1 by 1 and have them re-create and see which one is bombing it.

There also was a persistance.xml (which may be the one in question) cleaner on the official forums someone wrote because of these issues. It was open source so there were no viruses/keyloggers in it and I ran it many times.

Let me dig around the forums and see if I can find it.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Here is the cleaner from DFO specifically.

Again, before you use it I would backup all the files in your user path and then run this but beware, it cleans and removes them and you'll have to re-do all your settings, bindings and sort of your bank I'm pretty sure. This is a reset back to default but if your shit outta luck this will probably work.

http://support.us.darkfallonline.com/ind...mid=2&nav=0

Also here is a web one Grim Creaper wrote that others I've read helps but others say it fucks it up more.. UAOR (Use At Own Risk)

http://guifix.clanfall.com/

Last edited by Ictinike; 12/05/10 04:36 PM.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight

JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Just an update.

I have:

1) reinstalled DFO and removed all files and started over, including all .xml

2) I have switched to a second hard drive with a different copy of Windows on it, with the same result.

3) I am getting this problem on all characters now. I cant even log Jet in anymore.

I am going to try all the suggestions you guys made and post back here.

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Ictinike
There also was a persistance.xml (which may be the one in question) cleaner on the official forums someone wrote because of these issues. It was open source so there were no viruses/keyloggers in it and I ran it many times.

Let me dig around the forums and see if I can find it.

My current gui_persistance is 163k

Star Citizen Hanger:
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Ictinike
Here is the cleaner from DFO specifically.

Again, before you use it I would backup all the files in your user path and then run this but beware, it cleans and removes them and you'll have to re-do all your settings, bindings and sort of your bank I'm pretty sure. This is a reset back to default but if your shit outta luck this will probably work.

http://support.us.darkfallonline.com/ind...mid=2&nav=0

Also here is a web one Grim Creaper wrote that others I've read helps but others say it fucks it up more.. UAOR (Use At Own Risk)

http://guifix.clanfall.com/

I already removed all files and reinstalled DFO. I tried the download you gave just for fun, and got the same thing.

:-(

Star Citizen Hanger:
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Bitches!

Let me search some more and see what I can dig up.

I had a similar recent event where about 1 out of 3 times I would reboot the motherboard would not fire up but my LEDS and Light bars would "flicker". After I shut it down and back on it would work for a day or so then reboot.

Did this for about a week and I had a hunch it might be my PSU. Had the wife run to BestBuy around Thanksgiving and bought a new 800w PSU and low and behold no more issues.

I put a meter to it before replacing it and found that the 12v rail, on those times it would flicker, was below 11.4v which was the lowest spec for a normal PSU and the times it was fine it was over 13v. Seems the regulator or something (maybe a leaking cap) wasn't doing it's job but yet the whole PSU never went.

I'm not saying it's the PSU but this thing had me stumped for a week or more because I didn't want to buy a new PSU just to see. GPU's use a bunch of watts so maybe it's just gaming? The PC runs fine otherwise right? What about any other high-res game and not just DFO?

I'll see what I can find now and report back here or if I find you on vent brother..

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
this is kind of related, but not to darkfall...

After thinking about this for a while, I remembered I had a system that i had a bad power supply on, and would get a bad pool error...

It would only occur with certain games...

Additionally I had an old server that would get bad pool on a bad memory slot... I first thought it was the memory, i tested them one at a time, and everything was fine, so narrowed it down to just being a faulty signal to the slot. hopefully that helps? even if it's not immediate help.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard