KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Im curious what you think of this Hele:

Obamacare
FRONTLINE: Obama's Deal[/size]

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
LOL I wasn't quoting anyone or any report. But if you dont think its gonna cost a fortune to make the Health Bill into something that most people can swallow......

As for the how the bill got passed, it was politics as usual.
You scratch my back I scratch yours.

Unfortunately once something like this is passed there is no way to get rid of it, we be stuck with it.

Term limits would make these fuckers be real politicians.

Last edited by Helemoto; 11/22/10 03:02 PM.
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
List of Known Fortune 500's who have change their employee health care benefits and cited the looming 2018 "Cadillac Tax" as a "key" reason.

1) Google
2) Nike
3) GE
4) Boeing
5) Amazon
6) Adidas
7) McKesson
8) Ford
9) Intel
10) Microsoft

That is just off the top of my head. Boeing's change in health care in order not to be affected by the future tax is going to cost me personally around 4k per year. If I were married and had kids it would be more like 8-10k a year. I use to have "Gold Plated" health care the most of America would be jealous of. Now courtesy of that fucking nut bag Obama, I get hosed so that someone else can get covered.

Well fuck that! Let them go to college for 6 fucking years, put themselves through school working 3/4 time, and live like a fucking popper, to get 2 degrees, so that they can get a decent job with decent benefits, only to have them taken away because of some jack ass decided to give every piece of shit who can't cover them selves a piece of my pie.

Well fuck that bullshit right in its ass. I hate the dumb ass's we elected just as much as the dumb ass's they are replacing, but god I hope they repeal this pile of shit and force them to come back with something that isn't a steaming pile of bullshit.

**Nice piece of legislation as well that made Unions exempt to the Cadillac Tax as well. Don't forget that little slice of politicing bullshit. We will tax the crap out of everyone and shield our support base...yeah real "fair" of Obama.

Last edited by Tasorin; 11/22/10 03:20 PM.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
List of Known Fortune 500's who have change their employee health care benefits and cited the looming 2018 "Cadillac Tax" as a "key" reason.

1) Google
2) Nike
3) GE
4) Boeing
5) Amazon
6) Adidas
7) McKesson
8) Ford
9) Intel
10) Microsoft

That is just off the top of my head. Boeing's change in health care in order not to be affected by the future tax is going to cost me personally around 4k per year. If I were married and had kids it would be more like 8-10k a year. I use to have "Gold Plated" health care the most of America would be jealous of. Now courtesy of that fucking nut bag Obama, I get hosed so that someone else can get covered.

Well fuck that! Let them go to college for 6 fucking years, put themselves through school working 3/4 time, and live like a fucking popper, to get 2 degrees, so that they can get a decent job with decent benefits, only to have them taken away because of some jack ass decided to give every piece of shit who can't cover them selves a piece of my pie.

Well fuck that bullshit right in its ass. I hate the dumb ass's we elected just as much as the dumb ass's they are replacing, but god I hope they repeal this pile of shit and force them to come back with something that isn't a steaming pile of bullshit.

Really? Where are you getting this list? FoxNews.com?

I just read this:
Google to Add Pay to Cover a Tax for Same-Sex Benefits - NYTimes.com
Google will raise the salaries of gay and lesbian employees whose ... and more than half of Fortune 500 companies provide domestic partne

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
You fucking nut bag, I am living it. Its been a huge topic of interest in the local newspaper here, as Five of those fortune 500's operate on a large scale in Washington.

Google gave an 8% increase to its employees to offset the cost of the change in health care. They are the only one to do that so far, as they live in a competitive market and cannot afford to have a mass of attrition to other tech firms. Additionally, if you would stop spouting nonsense, you would of seen that the offset was an aggregate average, and some employee's (those with families or domestic partners with kids would probably be impacted beyond the 8% thresh hold.)

I don't watch Faux News, and why is it every time someone disagrees with you, they must be watching Faux News? Maybe you should come off that soap box for a second and stop smoking all that liberal hype at lunch.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Originally Posted By: Arkh
Originally Posted By: JetStar

Icky, just so you know, I dont personally benefit from Obamacare, but many people I know will. It has nothing to do with me.

It's easy to be generous with other people's money.

It is actually my money, I am paying and not getting anything but fell good knowing they cant screw people like they used to. More is needed for sure, and this is not perfect, but it is a start.

Jet, you are free to spend your money however you like.

However, having armed men forcibly take MY money, MY freedom, to give to other people so YOU can feel better about yourself, is why I so despise contemporary "liberal" politics.

And what I said in my previous post was not from any damn "fear card" , as I said - these are all cases of people I know personally.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
http://www.cbo.gov/doc.cfm?index=11945

That is NOT liberal hype. It is the latest CBO analysis of the new healthcare plan. I just read it again. It is the latest from the CBO, so Derid, I dont see anything more current regarding this subject:

I am coming to this conclusion based on looking up the following:
Quote:
PUBLICATIONS ISSUED IN THE PAST 90 DAYS
Fiscal Policy Choices
NOVEMBER 19, 2010 pdfblog post
CBO Director Doug Elmendorf's presentation to the Society of Government Economists

Fiscal Policy Choices
NOVEMBER 19, 2010 pdfblog post
CBO Director Doug Elmendorf's presentation to the National Tax Association

Preliminary Analysis of Rivlin-Ryan Health Care Proposal
NOVEMBER 17, 2010 pdf
Letter to the Honorable Paul Ryan

Public Spending on Transportation and Water Infrastructure
NOVEMBER 2010pdfadditional infoblog post

Unemployment Insurance Benefits and Family Income of the Unemployed
NOVEMBER 17, 2010 pdfblog post
Letter to the Honorable Jim McDermott

Managing Allowance Prices in a Cap-and-Trade Program
NOVEMBER 2010pdfblog post

Monthly Budget Review
NOVEMBER 2010pdfblog post
Based on the Monthly Treasury Statement for September and the Daily Treasury Statements for October

The Effect of the March Health Legislation on Prescription Drug Prices
NOVEMBER 4, 2010pdf
Letter to the Honorable Paul Ryan
(This is regarding a new proposal, and not the current laws. It is mostly talking about raising the retirement age.)

The Economic Outlook and Options for Fiscal Policy
OCTOBER 27, 2010 pdfblog post
CBO Director Doug Elmendorf's presentation to the Forecasters Club

CBO's Projections of Federal Receipts and Expenditures in the Framework of the National Income and Product Accounts
OCTOBER 2010pdf

Economic Effects of the March Health Legislation
OCTOBER 2010pdfblog post
CBO Director Doug Elmendorf's presentation at the Schaeffer Center of the University of Southern California

Why do you guys immediately disregard the CBO reports on the matter. How can you dismiss this so easily?

Star Citizen Hanger:
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
A little more. Fact is that there is no way to repeal this until you get a new President, and it is going to be hard even then.

I just re-upped my insurance here at work again, no increase, and no changes.

Star Citizen Hanger:
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Jet I just read your link. Non Sequitur. Does not follow.

What are you trying to say?

Biggest thing I took away was this quote
"
Total spending on health care now accounts for about 15 percent of GDP, and CBO projects that it will represent more than 25 percent by 2035. Therefore, changes in the performance of this part of the economy are increasingly critical to the performance of the economy as a whole."

No need for link, that was yours.

You arent making a case or a point here Jet. You are calling facts "propoganda" unless they are "your facts" , and you facts are , thus far, ALWAYS taken out of context and present without presenting the total scope of relevant information.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Really? That was the biggest thing you got from the report?

What about:
Quote:
Save the federal government about $400 billion over next decade, some of which represents reductions in national health spending.

Star Citizen Hanger:
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard