KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Jet, link to the source. Posting excerpts out of context that appear at first glance to make your position look better dont do a lot.

I will be able to find it myself, but its still polite to link the source.

Comming up tomorrow: why posting excerpts out of context is bad, deceptive, and what YOU can do about it. Stay tuned!

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Sorry about that. Here is the link to the actual documents and a summary. I quoted the report to congress from the PDF's on the left. But you can see the summary right there in the middle.

http://www.cbo.gov/publications/collections/health.cfm

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Derid
Comming up tomorrow: why posting excerpts out of context is bad, deceptive, and what YOU can do about it. Stay tuned!

I can't wait!

Stay tuned for my program on listening to the republican talking points instead of the facts makes for a backwards America.

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
For any of you that are watching this debate, Here is more on the CBO (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congressional_Budget_Office)

Quote:
The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) is a federal agency within the legislative branch of the United States government. It is a government agency that provides economic data to Congress.[1] The CBO was created as an independent nonpartisan agency by the Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974.
With respect to estimating spending for Congress, the Congressional Budget Office serves a purpose parallel to that of the Joint Committee on Taxation for estimating revenue for Congress, the Department of the Treasury for estimating revenues for the Executive and estimates required for the Congressional budget process. This includes projections on the effect on national debt[2] and cost estimates for legislation.
Section 202(e) of the Act requires submission by CBO to the House and Senate Committees on the Budget periodic reports about fiscal policy and to provide baseline projections of the federal budget. This is currently done by preparation of an annual Economic and Budget Outlook plus a mid-year update. The agency also each year issues An Analysis of the President's Budgetary Proposals for the upcoming fiscal year per a standing request of the Senate Committee on Appropriations. These three series are designated essential titles distributed to Federal Depository Libraries and are available for purchase from the Government Printing Office. CBO also prepares reports and issues briefs and provides testimony often in response to requests of the various Congressional Committees. It also issues letters responding to queries made to it by members of Congress.

Star Citizen Hanger:
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Helemoto
Cause like a good Liberal he just throws a bunch of so called facts at you hoping to distract you as he bends you over and slips it in.

So called facts? Read for yourself! But hey, most Americans believe in the talking snake, so this is probably a losing battle.

You wouldn't want the facts get in the way of your opinions.

Star Citizen Hanger:
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Lol, Jet - its about how you interpret the facts, how many facts you assimilate and interpret at one time, and how deeply you follow the path of consequence.

In all honesty, can you say that yourself or any liberal anywhere has actually ever tried to objectively work out all the ramifications? To be honest most people do not try to do that, liberal or otherwise. What lots of folk seem to do is take what sounds good to them, then rationalize against that.

Anyhow, Jet, hearing you talk that like is quite ironic - seeing as you already have a track record in this very conversation of using "facts" without actually understanding the nature of said facts, or what they mean.

Prime example - the WHO report. You appeared to be very convinced that the WHO report was primarily concerned with quality and availability of care. Instead, it was primarily concerned with who was paying for the care.

"Facts" do not mean much, if you do not take to the time to find out exactly which facts you are dealing with, what they actually mean, and what the ramifications might be.

I am also surprised that you would accuse me of all people of not thinking, and following GOP talking points. How often in the past several years have I even agreed with the GOP? Trying to make me sound like a partisan based on party affiliation just shows that denial of facts comes from all sorts of places.

Anyhow, I started looking at that CBO report. I will post on it later, but for now I can tell you that I found about what I expected and then some.

Two small nuggets for preview: 1, the report does not include "discretionary" items that need funded - even though there were like 80 lines of programs and mandates that still need funded, and will need to be funded for the Obamacare to work as intended. 2, the so called deficit reductions are based on extreme taxitation to a degree that it will be extremely harmful to ALL of us living in the USA.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Lololololol

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

http://www.businessinsider.com/costs-of-obamacare-2010-11#it-does-what-1

Here, in the meantime - this is a very good article listing the some side effects and issues with Obamacare. Some of them you will find, are extremely damaging just in of themselves.

They also have a very nice bibliography at the end, and used good sources - the things you read in that article aren't half baked or conjured from a right-wingers imagination.

JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Derid
Lol, Jet - its about how you interpret the facts, how many facts you assimilate and interpret at one time, and how deeply you follow the path of consequence.

In all honesty, can you say that yourself or any liberal anywhere has actually ever tried to objectively work out all the ramifications? To be honest most people do not try to do that, liberal or otherwise. What lots of folk seem to do is take what sounds good to them, then rationalize against that.

Anyhow, Jet, hearing you talk that like is quite ironic - seeing as you already have a track record in this very conversation of using "facts" without actually understanding the nature of said facts, or what they mean.

Prime example - the WHO report. You appeared to be very convinced that the WHO report was primarily concerned with quality and availability of care. Instead, it was primarily concerned with who was paying for the care.

"Facts" do not mean much, if you do not take to the time to find out exactly which facts you are dealing with, what they actually mean, and what the ramifications might be.

I am also surprised that you would accuse me of all people of not thinking, and following GOP talking points. How often in the past several years have I even agreed with the GOP? Trying to make me sound like a partisan based on party affiliation just shows that denial of facts comes from all sorts of places.

Anyhow, I started looking at that CBO report. I will post on it later, but for now I can tell you that I found about what I expected and then some.

Two small nuggets for preview: 1, the report does not include "discretionary" items that need funded - even though there were like 80 lines of programs and mandates that still need funded, and will need to be funded for the Obamacare to work as intended. 2, the so called deficit reductions are based on extreme taxitation to a degree that it will be extremely harmful to ALL of us living in the USA.

Derid, I am just having fun debating you. I dont take anything personal, and we are not going to change the world here, but doing so helps me to understand the issues deeper, and I enjoy this kind of banter.

If I am being a dickhead, just say so, and I will tone it down.

Again it's all in fun.

Star Citizen Hanger:
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
More later, I have to read your links.

Star Citizen Hanger:
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard