KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 41 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Shock
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,033,606 Trump card
1,342,073 Picture Thread
480,091 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#78522 10/10/10 08:34 AM
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
This is pretty cool ...

http://www.own3d.tv/video/34265/Ice_Dragon_Slain

check out the water spout @ 1:55 ... cool graphic.

a surprise @ ~7:40 on ...

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I like how he can begone onto a ship. Cool video

Wolfgang #78527 10/10/10 09:59 AM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Notice how travel is still borked by the use of spells like storm blast, begone, and WoF, and while we have been hammering on AV for six and half months now, still no fix.

Other then that, new content is good for the game.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Tasorin #78539 10/10/10 07:19 PM
S
Squared
Unregistered
Squared
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
Notice how travel is still borked by the use of spells like storm blast, begone, and WoF, and while we have been hammering on AV for six and half months now, still no fix.

you know tas, the ratio of negative to positive posts are way out of wack. lighten up buddy boy.

#78570 10/11/10 09:14 AM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Squared

you know tas, the ratio of negative to positive posts are way out of wack. lighten up buddy boy.

We, the Brotherhood of Shadows, have been beating on AV for nearly 8 months now to fix the way in which Begone, StormBlast, and WoF, along with a couple others, can make an individual travel faster on water and land then the fastest moving VEHICLE!

We have even offered many, many, many, coding solutions, and other solutions, to at least address this issue. AV's standpoint has been, "Shut up, its Taso's game, expect to be fucked by AV, and pay us our monthly subscription fee, while we continue to shit on you."

There is no working with AV, no ability for those ego maniac's to be willing to listen to the educated, experienced, and knowledgeable gaming community, that is trying to help AV help itself, and make DFO the sandbox PvP game we all want. When you provide an "STP" write up, and give them a professional pitch, from individuals actively working in the development community, and the response you get 2 months later is, "The mechanics of those spells is working as intended, this subject is considered closed." pretty much makes you want to get on an airplane and go water board Tasos.

Tasorin #78577 10/11/10 09:28 AM
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
On this point, I'd have to agree with AV ... I don't think they should change any aspect of force driven movement physics, it makes this game unique.

It takes some practice & skill to perform combo's of these spells (I totaly suck at using them consistantly) & there is a risk associated with using them .. say you get a bound away with a shrapnel, take some severe impact damage & fizzel\muff the next in sequence ... you opened yourself up to being dropped easier by a well placed arrow or bolt.

Just my opinon though.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Except your hit box takes a couple seconds to catch up to you because of the sync issue, and conversions don't care about magic encumbrance for scaling how much they convert for, the only thing you get is your fizzle rate. I can almost assure you, a player who can bunny hop, can get a conversion off to health before you can get an arrow or ray spell on them.

With AoE damage from spells almost completely nerfed, your left with having to directly strike a bouncing target, whose hit box is not where it is due to a sync'ing issue with the Z axis. If you want to really confuse the system, using the Z axis in a bounce is probably the best way to thwart incomming fire, other then using a packet sniffer to cause de-syncing issues.

I realize DFO and AV isn't even close to perfect, and they have a veritable Mt. Everest sized issue, with the resources of a colony of ants that number in the 10's. They are not in an easy position, but yet the exasperate this issue by continually refusing to have any type of discussion about how they community who knows development, has a long tenure in MMO gaming, can help AV help itself.

It has been made loud and clear to us, this is Taso's game, if you don't like the game the way it is, tough shit, as long as you keep paying your monthly sub, they give give two shits less. Which is why I, and about 100 or so others have refused to sub to AV until they at least address some of the most basic of issues plaguing DFO.

When they won't even address the basic bullshit, but will spend resources on putting goats and sheep into the game, there is a serious disconnect.

Tasorin #78594 10/11/10 01:49 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I think you meant exacerbate.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Tasorin #78724 10/12/10 01:30 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Squared

We, the Brotherhood of Shadows, have been beating on AV for nearly 8 months now to fix the way in which Begone, StormBlast, and WoF, along with a couple others, can make an individual travel faster on water and land then the fastest moving VEHICLE!

We have even offered many, many, many, coding solutions, and other solutions, to at least address this issue. AV's standpoint has been, "Shut up, its Taso's game, expect to be fucked by AV, and pay us our monthly subscription fee, while we continue to shit on you."

There is no working with AV, no ability for those ego maniac's to be willing to listen to the educated, experienced, and knowledgeable gaming community, that is trying to help AV help itself, and make DFO the sandbox PvP game we all want. When you provide an "STP" write up, and give them a professional pitch, from individuals actively working in the development community, and the response you get 2 months later is, "The mechanics of those spells is working as intended, this subject is considered closed." pretty much makes you want to get on an airplane and go water board Tasos.

I'm game to waterboard someone...when do we leave?

Last edited by Wolfgang; 10/12/10 01:31 PM.
Wolfgang #78749 10/12/10 04:48 PM
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Quote:
There is no working with AV, no ability for those ego maniac's to be willing to listen to the educated, experienced, and knowledgeable gaming community, that is trying to help AV help itself, and make DFO the sandbox PvP game we all want.

Simple solution:

Whip up a business plan, sucessfully pitch some VC, get some space & equipment, hire a staff and make that sandbox PvP game you all want.

The problem is, it's not so simple ... is it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard