KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 36 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aby
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,005,827 Trump card
1,337,549 Picture Thread
477,213 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#70334 07/06/10 07:44 PM
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
Friends,

I've reached my limit in Darkfall. I loved this game, rather, I loved the idea of it. I have spent my time grinding, harvesting, crafting, and doing everything possible to improve my character. Somehwere during all that grinding was a few moments of pvp. Literally. Most times I lost, shrugged it off, and told myself I just needed to keep working on my skills. Practice pvp, and someday I'll be the one looting the gear.
The fun, got lost somewhere. Its become a job to skill up my character and I've got very little to show for it. Maybe I'm just horrible at the game, but I feel like by now I should be able to hold my own. I have had fun fighting mobs and travelling the world but it isnt enough. I am looking for a great pvp experience and, but for the rare occasion, can't find it.
I am blessed to have had the chance to be a part of KGB. I had given up hope of ever meeting a group of people in an MMO that weren't 1337 d3wDz, douche bags, or assholes. I consider you all friends and wish you the best of luck in DF and in any thing else you choose to pursue.
I've never been much of a forum poster but I do lurk and might pop in from time to time wink

Peace,
Oouf.

Last edited by Oouf Crushkill; 07/06/10 07:45 PM.

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I too share your frustration. I too try to do the character development path both because it is my style and also because I have have hope that one day I will be able to win a fight. The mechanics of this game defiantly favor twitchy keyboard skills which I do not have nor will get any faster/better.

I won't try to talk you into staying in a game you no longer find fun but instead wish you well. You never know perhaps paths will cross again one day. It was fun gaming with ya, Safe Travels.

But if you should change your mind, we will be here.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
And just because you're gonna leave DFO doesn't mean you have to leave KGB. We're a guild outside of DFO. We were here before this game and will be here long after.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Take a brake, one week/two weeks from DF, and come back, or leave your toon doing some afk thing like swimming. Dont give away all your hard work on darkfall, to play any easy mmmo.

Last edited by Mithus; 07/06/10 08:47 PM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
KGB Knight Inactive
KGB Knight Inactive
Try MO have fun for a week, realise tab target magery on a mounts is only fun for a couple days, come back to DFO grin

I always though melee in dfo was cheesy click fest...MO takes it to a new level of cheesy and adds random handle hits, imo you don't know what you have till its gone.

At the same time we are playing a low population niche that doesn't draw the wider range of people like UO (aka my wife), and thus there is no middle ground for us, (older less twitch based players) we either kill complete noobs or face some of the best.

My character has more skills than i know what to do with, and I can do ok but I know some players have worse chars and my only chance is luck wink ... or to rely on guildies im with cool

Also I seen you kill plenty o people so see you when you get back.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
He didn't necessarily say he was leaving KGB, just DFO and that he'd lurk

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Former Member
Former Member
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
And just because you're gonna leave DFO doesn't mean you have to leave KGB. We're a guild outside of DFO. We were here before this game and will be here long after.

we are a family inside game and out side of dfo

KGB Knight - Tony Perkis
KGB Knight - Tony Perkis
yea i have stopped twice now (both due to school and not doing well :D) but keep afk swimming or something super lame. taking a break really helps

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Oouf Crushkill
Friends,

I've reached my limit in Darkfall. I loved this game, rather, I loved the idea of it. I have spent my time grinding, harvesting, crafting, and doing everything possible to improve my character. Somehwere during all that grinding was a few moments of pvp. Literally. Most times I lost, shrugged it off, and told myself I just needed to keep working on my skills. Practice pvp, and someday I'll be the one looting the gear.
The fun, got lost somewhere. Its become a job to skill up my character and I've got very little to show for it. Maybe I'm just horrible at the game, but I feel like by now I should be able to hold my own. I have had fun fighting mobs and travelling the world but it isnt enough. I am looking for a great pvp experience and, but for the rare occasion, can't find it.
I am blessed to have had the chance to be a part of KGB. I had given up hope of ever meeting a group of people in an MMO that weren't 1337 d3wDz, douche bags, or assholes. I consider you all friends and wish you the best of luck in DF and in any thing else you choose to pursue.
I've never been much of a forum poster but I do lurk and might pop in from time to time wink

Peace,
Oouf.

well if you like to still play with other kgber's you can always give Dungeons & Dragons Online a chance and then you can play both and give your self a break between the two your playing with as DF or DDO. just a thought... smile

aka DirtyFingers lvl 17 monk (light), Nakles lvl 16 barbarian tank, Nakle lvl 18 sorce, Sportinwood lvl 19 cleric, NastyMusic lvl 14 bard, Nauthythief lvl 13 rogue & lvl 1 ranger total level 14 and lvl 6 bloodyknives fighter.
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Originally Posted By: Kaotic

What Kaotic said!

Hope to see you keep in touch brother!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard