KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 30 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
chrisbcfc
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,031,829 Trump card
1,341,100 Picture Thread
479,055 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#68034 06/11/10 07:41 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?p=4316958#post4316958

patch coming next week smile

Patch Update June 11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've started testing the patch, so it doesn't look like it will be in today, however we can talk about a few of the things that are being tested for inclusion in it:

Normal iron nodes have a chance of dropping rare ore, making higher end gear more accessible to a larger number of players.

The amount of splash damage dealt out by magic spells will now depend on the target's distance from the center of the explosion. This change is meant to add to pvp balance.

By player demand, the world map and the minimap will now display your character's last death location making it more convenient to get back.

The health curve for all players has been modified. Health gain is considerably faster at lower levels and is another step to improving competitiveness for newer players.

There are quite a few more things going into the patch, but we just mention a few significant additions here that were directly inspired by player feedback. We'd like to thank you for your suggestions, we're very open to them, and we'd like you to know that there is a process for handling and including them in our development pipeline, so please keep them coming.

The patch is looking good for early next week and we hope there will be no further delays.

looks good to me :P

Last edited by Devan Omega; 06/11/10 07:42 AM.
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
That is good stuff. I pray it goes in without to much disruption.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
That just made holding mines not as important. Way to go AV, lets make holding a city worth less. That is the one update we kept telling them to put in there pipe and smoke it, because that is all its good for.

Secondly, the AoE dmg is going to be such a bugged physic for so long. Right now in many cases you can completely hop the AoE dmg of a spell. I am not sure if all of you are aware, but the physics of PvP is tragetory based, hence why arrows have an actual flight patch. Magic is best used at a downward angle so that a miss still strikes the ground and explodes so that an enemy still takes splash damage. This update will allow them to bunny hop out of damage even more.

Two things of note not fixed, which were easy fix's which shows you just how far Taso has his head up his ass. They did not address Arcane damage from the zap towers, and they did not address movement modifiers from player spells like shards and stormblast. Perhaps two of the bigger unbalancing aspects of PvP vs. a Vet.

Let me translate Taso the salad tosster for you.

We can't get our patch to work after developing it over the last 5 months. I know we promised you a PvP patch for balancing already, but what do you expect from a basement bound fly by night organization run by a Greek?

Edit: On a positive note, I have heard that the Health balancing was actually working quite well and people should be happy with that update. So instead of getting pwnd in three or four melee hits, not it might take five or six hits with the same Stamina.

Last edited by Tasorin; 06/11/10 11:31 AM.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
>_<
AoE damages and rares are a good (yeah, I'm not on your side of the fence Tas).

But 5 fucking month for that ?
That's the kind of shit you put as solo items for a dev, which he can do in 1 week, let testers do their job one more week then you can release.

3 items, 3 devs, 3 weeks.

If they really fear something crashing, they should do like Shadowbane : a free test server. With a more little map, fast progression and cleared every two or three month.

Another "no PvP hotspot maker fluff added" patch.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
30 Second Cooldown to Eye Rot and a reduction in the knock back to Fireball are the semi ninja patch's not listed.

The reduction in AoE dmg can go two ways. Either they increase the dmg done by a direct hit, and leave the splash dmg as is.

Or

They continue trying to work the physics of spash trajectory and a complicated system to compute Area of Effect vs. Target location from the epicenter.

The first option is the easiest by far to implement. AV started down path 2. Now they won't say which path they are going down.

Will make double jump and the player ability to time spells that much more important, as well as the ability to jump spin parry.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
i like the mine stuff and the aoe spell thing too. granted ya it might not be perfect but yes i think it is how it should be. i mean think about it. u think about it u throw a molitov at a group 3 people hit the middle guy and the other 2 or spread out 1 5ft 1 10ft away. the direct hit he is gonna be toast the 5ft guy severly burned and 3rd simi burned.

fireball spell for example the core of the ball will be the hottest part and where the most damage should come from.

the hp thing also i see as a good thing. my question is how is the regen based on the higher ur hp pool the lower the regen rate? so what about those that mine and cut wood to max there hp out then work on skills they gonna have no regen and crap for wep skills lol. i mean what is concidered the noob and the high end player when it comes to this regen stuff.

KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
All I can say is the battles last night were a blast ... have to say maybe 60-80 per side, my performance was solid ... hadn't had that much fun since SB days.

These tweaks seem like a step in the right direction .. not perfect, but a step.

I think there is way too much dev bashing going on. I run a mid size (18 people) client\server development team ... the shit ain't easy, even tougher when you are in production & adding fixes\new features.

I don't care what methodology you use deliver: Agile, Lean, SCRUM .... whatever ... a complex system is just that, complex ... it requires regression testing, and that takes time period!

You look at code written 6, 8 10 months ago & think "shit, what the fuck I was thinking here" ... you can go back & refactor, or let it sit because it works and other priorities on on the backlog.

And .. a 30-node cluster ain't no joke ... plus they have to keep the personalities of the typical anti-social developers and the emo graphic designers in check ... been there, done that .. not a walk in the park either.

Anyway, overall I think this game is not 1/2 bad ...

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
That is awesome that they are giving regular nodes to have a chance of dropping rares. Man, this is going to be fun camping other peoples resource gatherings =)

KGB Knight Inactive
KGB Knight Inactive
Would like to see village caps mean more, wish they would have added rares to village caps or somethin.

But overall I like...even though I luved my eyerot cry

And I dig archery, but I do feel people forget those that are not running sub 100 ping. At work I won't even try archery, while at home I think I do pretty dam good. Has nothing to do with my skill at one place versus another, just my connection. And some people will never have the sub 100 ping.

They are awful slow about patches though, dunno why they couldn't put like the health modification in a mini patch last week alone, something to tide over till the other stuff gets worked out ya know.

KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
yea i think they should add mines or something nice to villages to make them more attractive to go to in turn allowing people to make more money on there venders do to increase traffic tryin to take it for mines or what not.

but as for the patch's takin so long i don't blame them. i have done game developement and graphic design and all that stuff personally. it isn't easy. like longshanks said they can look back at there coding from 6 months ago and be like wtf was i doing. but also in that altering that code line or whole code section can effect coding in other regions of the game that may be linked to it and maybe even some things that have nothing to do with the code u fixed.

i have done bug fixes myself and be like sweet after 4 hours i found the bug and located the line to fix and get it done start the server and suddenly something that was fine before is bugged and has absolutely no relation to what i fixed to begin with.

they got alot of work goin on tryin to make patch's/bug fixes/adjustment and also working on 2010 patch. honestly i wonder how much tylonal they go through a day cause i know bug fixing,code scanning, restructuring, and all the other crap gives me a freakin headache but like them i keep at it cause i like it. u farmin for hours for a certain drop and finally getting gets u excited and me too. but i get same high when i go through coding and fix something and test it out and see it work like it should makes me happy. cause then everytime i see a person cast that skill or kill that mob as it tried to rush them and knowing those guys just did something and it worked because of me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard