KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 40 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,018,041 Trump card
1,338,954 Picture Thread
477,838 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#64988 05/06/10 05:50 PM
Syloc Offline OP
Band 6
OP Offline
Band 6
To tell you the truth, I don’t even know what I’m writing this. Like many, my style is just to fade into the wind with no explanation other than the message that appears on the screen. I did it before and I’ll probably do it again, and while I sometimes crave a need for people to like me, other times, I really couldn’t care less. That’s just who I am, and if you want to survive in a Sandbox MMO that’s the kind of attitude that will allow you to survive Shadowbane Beta all the way up until the servers shut down.

That being said, I will miss being in KGB.

I joined KGB for one reason, and one reason only, JetStar. Among the numerous list of FPSs, MMORPGs, MUDs, RPGs and RTSs I’ve hung around from my years of gaming, I must say, the aspect of gaming guilds and clans I miss the most are the communities. Not only the family atmosphere, but a struggle between us versus them and an innate bond that connects through more than just pixels on a screen – but a community bound not only by the conflicts they share but by the scope of their vision. JetStar, enamored by a sense of the old UO guilds, has made this in KGB. That’s why I first joined, a sense of history and a common path.

That being said, there are the flaws and I will not bore you with the details of them – however insignificant or large they are; suffice it to say, no machine is perfect. Conflict, as it is said, is why we play the game – and conflict is the reason why Darkfall survives today. Without it, this would be hello-kitty-online and I would be lightly spreading out the catnip in my bed of sandpaper, my skin scrawled into a fine mist that is sprinkled over my rotting gaming corpse. However, it is this conflict that brings us to this point.

With permission from JetStar, this emo-message is my farewell. I have NOT spoken to other guilds and I currently reside in Alfar lands hitting rocks. I plan to stay guild-less for a week or two and weigh my options, seeing who bites and what’s out there. Don’t be surprised if you see my name on the “Looking for Guilds” forum because, frankly, there are some guilds I am trying to avoid joining if I can help it. (I don’t care how good they are, assholes are assholes, however if there’s no good choices left, assholes it is)

If KGB ever goes hardcore and if you need me, I will be there with no questions asks. Until that point, however, I will see you on the other side. Know that I am fully aware KGB will do great without me, with JetStar at the helm, it always does – for no one man can break what he created.

And when you loot my grave … and loot it you shall, know that I will be smiling at the other end, waiting for you to gank – so that I can gear up and we can do battle once again.

Loot well my friends.

Sincerely,

Your Friend,

Syloc deKGB

P.S. to Krull and Shark Wolf; nothing excuses what you said, however, I should not have retaliated the way I did. And for that, I am deeply sorry. I hope you can accept my apology. To the rest I promised to train, know that my ear is always welcome, so message me with any questions or concerns you have, I will always answer.

I will deguild the moment I get home, which is an hour after this posting.

P.S.S. As per our conversations, Jetstar, please remove my access and keep in touch you fool!

Former KGB Member
Syloc #64992 05/06/10 06:42 PM
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Sad news ...

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Truly. Syloc is and was a unique personality, and a continueing influence and presence. I know bits and pieces of what occured, and suffice it to say no one was blameless and Syloc handled the end result with far more grace and maturity that I would have been able to manage had the situation been the same.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
You gotta remember its still just a game....

[CENTER][Linked Image from nodiatis.com][/CENTER]
Former Member
Former Member
you will be greatly missed by pickens and mama.... sad to see you go

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
NoOOOooooOoooOOoOOOoOoOo

I need my Filipino friend, he completes me

You'll be missed bro

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
o.O what I Miss!!

Great I am stuck studying for 2 weeks straight and we lose our Token Filipino!!!!
You know how hard those are to find..... the Philippines does not allow free talking online, so its not like we can just go there slap a headset and keyboard on one and say "Hey your KGB now Sucka!" lol

Safe journeys to ya man....

See ya after DFO dies or when you decide to come back home.

Ain't no guild/family like KGB you'll be back =)
(Yep ain't is a word... Spellcheck accepts it !!)

Just imagine if Dark Heaven left..... finding a terminal in the middle of Zimbabwe.... shit man!

Last edited by Raiden MarkIV; 05/06/10 11:22 PM.

Syloc #65022 05/07/10 02:32 AM
KGB Knight Inactive
KGB Knight Inactive
0.o missed the drama i guess...BUT as far as KGB not being hardcore....I think we would keep more noobs if Andruk was not so hardcore to be honest grin

Sad to see you go confused now we must deny all applications for KGB until we find one who marks oriental in the race box grin

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Sad to see you go brother... but Darkfall will only last for so long.

You have to remember KGB is a family, not a one game guild. Darkfall isn't the end-all be-all.

Nathe #65033 05/07/10 06:47 AM
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Originally Posted By: Nathe
Sad to see you go brother... but Darkfall will only last for so long.

You have to remember KGB is a family, not a one game guild. Darkfall isn't the end-all be-all.

Amen brotha!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard