KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 60 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Winter
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,031,261 Trump card
1,340,662 Picture Thread
478,835 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Re posted from the Candidate area in case you missed in there.

So your new to KGB, and/or new to Darkfall. You want to hit the pavement running, and get in there and help right away, right?

Then here are some basics for you, to help focus you into being a well rounded Toon, who can maximize effectiveness in a short matter of time.

Before I start this template, let me just say this; I know it takes gold to make the skill world go around. I know it takes farming to get the gold in order to get the skills. I know it takes the skills in order to get the gold, in order to continue to skill.

A catch 22 if ever there was one. So lets get you started on the right foot and out there actually beating this bad scenario and get you to a good Toon place.

Total available time to play nightly does not change this template, it will only extend the time it takes you to hit the mile stones. I realize that you want to play the game the way you want to, and you want to do the things in game that you want to do. That is all fine and well, but stray off the path, and know that it will effect your progress and take up valuable resources, like gold and time.

Tier 1

Time to develop Starter Toon (10-20 Hrs Wk) 1-3 weeks running time.
Player Stats: (No matter what race)
Strength: 35
Vitality: 35
Dexterity: 30
Quickness: 30
Intel: 35
Wisdom: 30

Disclaimer: You only need to do these things, and no other crafting. We have people who are available and can craft anything you want/need at this stage.

What to do:
Harvest Type (Major Stat/Minor Stat): Trees (Str/Vit), Stones/ore (Vit/Str) Bushes (Int/Wis) Fish (Wis/Int)

**Disclaimer: If your new to Darkfall, your best bet is to stay in the starter areas and harvest where the zap towers can hit PK's or ask where some known somewhat secure harvest locations are.

Craft (Major Stat/Minor Stat): Cut Wood (Dex/Quick), Smelt Ore (Str/Vit), Cooking (Wis/Int), Herbalism (Int/Wiz)

This will give you an ample supply of resources to sell for gold and allow you to stockpile cooked food and herbalism supplies for Tier 1 and 2. You still haven't killed a mob yet, and you now have a source of gold and a way to level your toon.

Skills:
Pack mule (Str/Vit @ 30) - Level this by loading yourself down and then auto running for a while.

Herbalism - Make minor stam pots until you hit high enough skill for Alchemy.

Parry - 50

Magic - (Everyone's favorite)
Lesser Magic - 50 (Use Mana Missle, Mana to Stam, Lay on Hands, Launch)
Greater Magic - 25 (Use Heal Other)
Witch Craft - 50 (Use Pestilence and Stupidity)

Weapons
Any One Hander - 75 + One Hander Mastery purchased

**The point of this stage is to give the starting player a chance to develop the basics of basics to be able to maximize dmg. reduction by using One Hander and Board w/ Parry, while being able to do a couple things in ranged combat. You will be able to do light to moderate healing, moderate debuffing, light magic damage, and light melee damage. This as well set's the individual up to build on Tier 1 and move into Tier 2.

Tier 2

Time to develop Toon (10-20 Hrs Wk) 3 - 4 weeks running time.
Strength: 50
Vitality: 50
Dexterity: 40
Quickness: 35
Intel: 50
Wisdom: 40

Disclaimer: You only need to do these things, and no other crafting. We have people who are available and can craft anything you want/need at this stage.

What to do:
Harvest Type (Major Stat/Minor Stat): Trees (Str/Vit), Stones/ore (Vit/Str) Bushes (Int/Wis) Fish (Wis/Int)

Craft (Major Stat/Minor Stat): Cut Wood (Dex/Quick), Smelt Ore (Str/Vit), Cooking (Wis/Int), Herbalism (Int/Wiz), Alchemy (Wiz/Int)

Skills:
Pack mule (Str/Vit @ 30) - Level this by loading yourself down and then auto running for a while.

Herbalism - Make your skill level Stam pot's to raise your Survival

Alchemy - Make yourself all the R0 staves your going to need to really grind the magic.

Veteran Mage - Purchased once you hit 50 Intel.

Survivalist - Purchased once your Int/Wis is high enough. Makes food duration last longer.

Parry - 75

Greater Magic - 50 (Use Heal Other)
Witch Craft - 75 (Use Pestilence and Stupidity to get to Witch's Brew)
Spell Chanting - 40 (Use Adept and Bless to get to Sacrifice)
Earth - 50 (Use Acid Arrow to get to Poison Debuf, then Poison Debuff to get to Stone Skin)
Any 1 other Elemental School - 50 (Generally use the cheapest starter spell to get to the elemental type debuff, then use the debuff to get to 50. The exception being self buff's in your elemental school. Its good to get those to 25)

Weapons
Any One Hander - 75 + One Hander Mastery ~ 25
Any Two Hander - 75 + Two Handed Mastery purchased

Tier 3

Time to develop Toon (10-20 Hrs Wk) 4 - 8 weeks running time.
Strength: 50 - 75
Vitality: 50 - 75
Dexterity: 50
Quickness: 50
Intel: 50 - 75
Wisdom: 50

What to do:

Craft (Major Stat/Minor Stat): Cut Wood (Dex/Quick), Smelt Ore (Str/Vit), Cooking (Wis/Int), Herbalism (Int/Wiz), Alchemy (Wiz/Int)

Skills:
** This is the part where you actually get to really flavor your toon and can make your own informed decisions.

Greater Magic - 50 (Use Heal Other)
Witch Craft - 75 (Use Pestilence and Stupidity to get to Witch's Brew)
Spell Chanting - 75 (Use Sacrifice by finding a buddy and casting it on each other. As well level your Hymns:Vit,Str,Int,Dex up to 25)
Arcane - 50 (Use Hasten Spell to get to Lend Mana, then do the same as Sacrifice to get to 50 so you can get Wall of Force)
Earth - 50 (Stone Skin @ 50)
Any 2 other Elemental School - 50 (R50 AoE's @ Skill level 50)
Necromancy - 40 (For the debuff vs. Weapon Type)

Weapons
Any One Hander - 75 + One Handed Mastery ~ 50
Any Two Hander - 75 + Two Handed Mastery ~ 50
Archery - 50 + Veteran Archer purchased

Total run time approx 8 - 15 weeks, and in approx 2 - 3 months play time you have developed a quality toon in which you can really make some informed choices and are able to build the rest of your toon to your personal play style.

This entire build does not once talk about building "warhulks" or "Ships" nor does it mention what mobs to hunt. Two reasons, first of all, your absolutely wasting your time and valuable personal resources to build items which are already addressed by the clan in which we have toons who have already leveled these skills and can make you what you want. If you want these items you should spend your time collecting the required sub materials, and let the person with the required skills actually BUILD it for you.

Secondly, mobs change with time, there is no right or wrong answer for which mobs to hunt. Some are just more efficient then others, while some just drop what you need. All you have to do is ask in VENT! Someone will take the time and ask what your objective is, and steer you to the correct mobs and location.

One final note. At this time AFK Swimming is the single best way to level your Toons Stats. I suggest you do this while asleep or at work. As of now this is the best way to do accomplish this without getting banned, at least at the time of this post.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Thanks for the repost. I haven't been able to play much other than AFK gathering due to the birth of my son. As anyone with a baby knows, they demand a lot of attention, and you need to be able to drop whatever you are doing regardless of circumstance. I should have a bunch of mats though when I'm able to play a bit more (I have over 1k iron ingots at the moment).

The disclaimer reads that we have people in guild who can craft items that I may need. Is it better to sell the iron ore and other materials I gather and buy the weapons from the guild or would it be better to trade the mats for the weapons?

KGB Crown Princess
KGB Crown Princess
harvest steedgrass sell for 700-900 each. good way to make cash to fund your crafting. I too can't play fully attended. Always something I need to jump up and take care of.

Sometimes in the winds of change we find our true direction.
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Van Cleef

The disclaimer reads that we have people in guild who can craft items that I may need. Is it better to sell the iron ore and other materials I gather and buy the weapons from the guild or would it be better to trade the mats for the weapons?

Two schools of thought on this. One is to sell ALL the mats and take the money and just buy the weapons in bulk. The other being, you can probably get the weapons at cost if you just supply the mats.

I personally just supply the mats, since I need the stats anyways. Right now though some weapons are better off the vendor then are the crafted ones. The one that comes to mind right off the top of my head is 2 handed swords.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
All of the rank 0 weapons are cheaper to buy from the vendor then they are to craft right now because of the inflated price of iron and wood

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Band 6
Band 6
I dunno about that. You still have to find a buyer for for wood and iron, and in small quantities, no one really buys.

I still prefer to mine it then make it myself since I never stockpile the mats, I always use them.

Former KGB Member
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Syloc
I dunno about that. You still have to find a buyer for for wood and iron, and in small quantities, no one really buys.

I still prefer to mine it then make it myself since I never stockpile the mats, I always use them.

Think multi-demensional. We have needs inside the clan, you don't really have to find and outside buyer. If your already in the starter city and staying there, get in the trade channel and make them send someone w/ the right alignment to come get there stuff.

Now get back in your hole Syloc, and don't come out until you are indestructible in DFO.

Band 6
Band 6
I have yet to sell something in trade in DFO <flex>

Former KGB Member
R
Rutaq
Unregistered
Rutaq
Unregistered
R
Thanks for taking the time to repost the guide.

As a new player to Darkfall, it was nice to see that I hadn't made any mistakes yet. The game is poorly documented and can be intimidating but luckily there was alot of good info on our forums to get me started.

So far after a couple weeks my skills are almost up to Tier 1 recommendations but my stats are very low, looks like I have 30+ hours of harvesting and crafting to do frown

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Van Cleef
Is it better to sell the iron ore and other materials I gather and buy the weapons from the guild or would it be better to trade the mats for the weapons?

My opinion and approach is this:

1. Go 'window shopping' here http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=r4w-x_H4FZM-80qjt1Sv5Bw&gid=12
2. Add up the mats you need for the items you want
3. Go harvest required mats (iron, wood) and/or buy the leather and cloth from the merchant in town, its cheap.
4. Ask in vent for one of our Master Crafters to make any R50+ items, but for R0~R40 find someone who's working toward mastery.

Most crafters will be more than happy to craft for you, since its 'free skill' gain for them. I like to toss them a 'tip' of some type to show my appreciation when they just spent 10-20min of their time filling my order (i.e. some enchant mats, extra mats, gold). You'll find people will be more willing to stop what they're doing if they know they'll get a treat =)

The only thing you'll really spend coin on is 'Hybrid Sets' which the guild will mass produce and sell for only 500g to members (chain helm, glove, boot: the rest bone).

While we're at Andruk, make good use of the East 'Menhir' Dungeon, you'll get R40 1h and 2h swds as well as R40 staffs and R40 bows. Also make sure you check the rings you find, some of them reduce stamina cost by 10% for all actions.

Grunts to the north drop decent shields as well as R40 bows.

Link Copied to Clipboard