KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 17 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
nethervoid
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,004,638 Trump card
1,337,362 Picture Thread
477,136 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sarasin Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Heya Guys,

Just wanted to post a quick update:

I downloaded the game three weeks ago. I have been pouring over the forums, the information repository and some of the web sites y'all suggested in clan chat.

I am getting a good feel for the game. I look forward to the future, but one thing is abundantly clear.

After spending the bulk of Saturday and Sunday trying to advance my toon, so that I may join the pvp ranks, and making VERY little progress due to ganking, gear loss and bored uber players.....I need assistance.

Normally, I am accustomed to soloing until I can make a full contribution. This game is obviously different. I have been reluctant to join in Guild activities, because I am not fond of being dead weight.

I joined the game in response to the occasional call to arms I received on my personal email, and a genuine interest to pvp with the best.

I am reaching out to the guild, asking for a bit of guidance and occasional group grinding/skill leveling.

I am sure some of this is elementary to most of you, but this game has the least amount of internet source material I have ever encountered.

Please advise. Thanks.

Rhot Khan in game.

KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Are you tagged & bound to Andruk yet? If so, shout out for a farming group in clan chat, either to join or start ... people are always game.

If we happen to be on at the same time (I am on most evenings for a few hours eastern time).

I will make sure to get you groupped up & out for some PvE. You will find that grouping & PvE are the quickest combat skill gains. As opposed to going at it solo or using the blood wall.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
S
Squared
Unregistered
Squared
Unregistered
S
If you are tagged, you can also train some of your skills in town on the blood wall when there is downtime.

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
You can do anything you want, but to be honest, if you want to maximize your time and develop a baseline bare bones toon in a month or so of effort, this is what in general you need to do.

1) Work up ANY 2-handed weapon to Skill level 75 and get the mastery. One of the easiest ways of doing this has two options. Go out with a small group and beat the crap out of the mobs while the other people with you hold the aggro as best as they can. The second option is to go to the blood way and beat the crap out of people for skill gain. The final option is to get in on the Parry Pit's and work up your skill gain that way.

2) Harvest Stone/Iron, Wood, Shrubs until your eyes bleed. Two fold on this one. You can make good money selling the materials and the stat gains are essential for building your toon. One of the best places to do this is in the starter NPC areas within the protection of the zap towers.

3) Go out hunting mobs with KGB. Use this time to skill up either your magic or melee and bank the gold. Your never dead weight as long as your actively working your toon, it doesn't matter what your toons skill level is. This is KGB, we help our own, anyone who says you can't head out with them better have the explanation of "You can't take the heat from the mobs, we can't keep the AI off you, and you'll just get punked." There are plenty of places where if you don't have enough skilled toons to control the mobs this is a true statement.

4) The only thing you should be spending your money on is buying Skills, Reg's for casting, and basic equipment to skill up and farm gold.

5) Finally the question of magic's. People vary on this for flavor, but I stand by my reasoning that the baseline bare bones for Magic should be something like this:

A) Lesser Magic to 50 -> Grant's access to Greater magic. I used Rend and Magic Missile to get this done.

B) Greater Magic first to 25 then to 50 -> This grants access to the Elemental Schools and Witchcraft.

C) Any ONE elemental school to 50 for AoE damage. Pick whatever school you like, Fire is the flavor of the year right now.

D) Earth Elemental Magic to 50 -> Stoneskin. Then level Stoneskin up to 50 and you won't ever have to worry about leveling it up again because it lasts so long.

E) Necromancy to level 40 -> All the damage type debuff's for greater ease in farming.

E) Witchcraft to 75 -> This gives you Witch's Brew almost a must have.

G) The final couple spells are debatable, Like Wall of Force and Sacrifice, and I would wait and do these last.

Magic beyond this is up to flavor and what you like to do vs. the type of dmg/playstyle you prefer.

6) As an afternote, Archery Skill to 75 and then the mastery. Archery has its place and can be an effective weapon for taking out mounts, and really pounding people once they break in PvP and start to bug out.

7) Afk swimming is still one of the best ways to get stat gain when your at work or asleep. Just ask the vet's, they will tell you. There are plenty of places to hide yourself and reduce yor chance of getting killed, stopping your stat gain.

Last edited by Tasorin; 01/18/10 12:38 PM.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Band 6
Band 6
What Tasorin said.

Former KGB Member
Sarasin Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Sage advice. Thank you.

KGB Knight
Email address needs updating
KGB Knight
Email address needs updating
You can find empty newbie spawns. What race are you?

Sarasin Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Ork.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
If you have any questions feel free to ask.

(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Originally Posted By: wolfgang
If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Ditto.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard