KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Raist
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,020,686 Trump card
1,339,216 Picture Thread
478,047 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#51419 08/25/09 08:00 AM
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
Hi everyone,

Right now we are putting the finishing touches on our next patch, which we plan to have ready by the end of this week.

With this patch we are adding a significant skill-up bonus to fighting mobs, essentially tripling the speed of skill-ups compared to hitting other players. At the same time we have doubled the speed of skilling up all magic schools. This means that all skills involving combat are now leveling up three times as fast as before, and leveling magic schools are six times as fast as before when fighting monsters.

This change will help newer players catch up to veterans faster. We also think it will make it even more attractive to go out and fight monsters, which in turn should lead to more open field PvP.

In this patch we have also fixed the underlying problem with battlespikes and damage modifiers. The hotfix we released last week was temporary, and we will adjust the modifiers back to their correct values now that the root of the issue has been fixed.

Other than the upcoming patch, the development team is hard at work with the second free expansion for Darkfall, which is currently scheduled for release by the end of October. This expansion is a lot bigger than the first, and we are extremely excited about it. We will give you more detailed information on the many new features over the coming weeks.

It includes many changes and additions to ship building, sea combat and sea objectives, part two of our character specialization system - this time some much needed love for archery and melee combat, the first step of local banking, player owned local vendors, the first set of racial skills, barber shop, the caravan system, new houses and villages, new housing objects to decorate your house with, wandering mobs, more rare drops added to monsters, new free spawning objects to discover, and much more.

See you ingame.

Former KGB Member
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
To little far too late.

They burned their bridge a long time ago when the game became a boorish grind fest of exploiting PvE geometry and hitting your buddies on a blood wall for countless days AFK.

This just goes to show you, when your game is half finished, don't release it. Find a way to stave off the investors and speak dollarized profit margins vs. risk/reward to the business suits, instead of coming in and talking game mechanics.

One day these development companies will learn the value of having at least one person on their staff with a Business Acumen of over 75.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Tasorin #51421 08/25/09 09:21 AM
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
Well honestly, I have thought about quiting, but I will give NA a chance when transfers open & besides that KGB seems to want to keep playing. So if I want to play with a guild, I got to stay with DFO.

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
i dont want it implemented tbh but hopefully it brings people back

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
I Am The Storm.
Represent de KGB
www.The-KGB.com
[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Represent #51450 08/26/09 04:31 AM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Interestingly, there are so many sides to this that you just can't begin to address. It is obvious that AV is going to do what they think best or at the least, what they want to do, guided by the enevitable pressure of the carebear, as it were. Every game has fallen prey to this. Of course, as we all know who have played since the beginning, that would not have been necessary had they put out a less buggy, exploitable product. Now, in the mad rush to appease those who did not exploit, they are going to "make it faster" to equal out, which in the end will be fine, as was the case with UO if you recall (if you played that at all). Of course, as with UO, I also see a future where they will have Trammelized the game.

It is sad that many have lost hope and quit, as I still believe the game has great potential, is enjoyable, even with the imbalances. PvP in Darkfall, for the most part, still provides any given player a chance of success on any given day, and as with UO, depends on skill, pots, food and of course, equipment.

I would imagine that AV is also trying to ensure their game is more of what the larger population wants, especially with Mortal Online in the wings. I have not played it, but understand it is similar in a lot of ways to DFO, and has better and worse parts.

For now, I will continue to run around NA-1 and wait for the transfers which will hopefully bring many KGB back to the game, or at least put us all in one place. If not, we will see. Evn with all of those who have punched out, such as Tas, or those who are idling, I still have no problems running into trouble on NA-1.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Tasorin #51455 08/26/09 10:29 AM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
To little far too late.

They burned their bridge a long time ago when the game became a boorish grind fest of exploiting PvE geometry and hitting your buddies on a blood wall for countless days AFK.

This just goes to show you, when your game is half finished, don't release it. Find a way to stave off the investors and speak dollarized profit margins vs. risk/reward to the business suits, instead of coming in and talking game mechanics.

One day these development companies will learn the value of having at least one person on their staff with a Business Acumen of over 75.

For me personally, I am in for the long haul. I have really enjoyed the game. There have been tough times, and issues that are irritating, but hey.

I think you have to realize that AV ran out of money and HAD to release early or Darkfall would have never been.

Right now there is nothing else, it's just plain and simple. I plan to take the people that are still playing, re-unite on NA, and rebuild from what we have left.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #51462 08/26/09 11:54 AM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: JetStar
To little far too late.

For me personally, I am in for the long haul. I have really enjoyed the game. There have been tough times, and issues that are irritating, but hey.

I think you have to realize that AV ran out of money and HAD to release early or Darkfall would have never been.

Right now there is nothing else, it's just plain and simple. I plan to take the people that are still playing, re-unite on NA, and rebuild from what we have left.

For me personally, I don't count setting myself in a corner and running a macro then walking away from my machine or doing something else for hours on end while I wait to skill up as technically "Playing" a game.

My point was, they burned their bridges a long time ago coming out of Beta. As in many games, Beta was much more fun then the first three months of live launch. Instead of allowing people to hole up on a blood wall or in a city "LOGGED" into the server and cause lag, just to macro and skill up. They should of used EVE as a template and allowed offline skilling where you could of gone to any one of the buildings/trainers in the game already and just paid ingame gold and regants to set yourself to practice while "OFFLINE".

The screwed the pooch, the fucked over most of the player base who weren't complete fan boi's and would of played Darkfall no matter how broken it was. I will agree, the MMO market right now is as dry as an old lady's sandy vagina.

Which is why its Mechwarrior, Bloodbowl, and some other round based games until the new Mechwarrior, KOTOR-MMO, or something better comes along that isn't a giant steaming turd.

Tasorin #51465 08/26/09 01:57 PM
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: JetStar
To little far too late.

For me personally, I don't count setting myself in a corner and running a macro then walking away from my machine or doing something else for hours on end while I wait to skill up as technically "Playing" a game.

My point was, they burned their bridges a long time ago coming out of Beta. As in many games, Beta was much more fun then the first three months of live launch. Instead of allowing people to hole up on a blood wall or in a city "LOGGED" into the server and cause lag, just to macro and skill up. They should of used EVE as a template and allowed offline skilling where you could of gone to any one of the buildings/trainers in the game already and just paid ingame gold and regants to set yourself to practice while "OFFLINE".

The screwed the pooch, the fucked over most of the player base who weren't complete fan boi's and would of played Darkfall no matter how broken it was. I will agree, the MMO market right now is as dry as an old lady's sandy vagina.

Which is why its Mechwarrior, Bloodbowl, and some other round based games until the new Mechwarrior, KOTOR-MMO, or something better comes along that isn't a giant steaming turd.

Great point, a game where you have to macro to gain any real skill isn't that great. Whooptey freaken doo let me log on to "play" a game where 20 guild mates are AFK bloodwaling. Plus there is a huge empty world to look for PvP for hours!!!

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
maybe they shouldnt have made pve so fucking irritating, not to mention the pot/food chug chase fest pvp was in beta

Arcain #51486 08/27/09 02:18 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
LOL

They are still calling it free expansion for things that were suppose to be in the game already. Like they are doing you a favor by making it free.

I cry when I think about how many times I defended this game before it came out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard