KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Kaotic Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
So, I was annoyed that I couldn't reactivate my account on darkfall yesterday. I spent a little time on the forums looking for a solution or others who had the same problem. When that failed I posted about it. That post had a couple of informative responses, and one troll, and then all of a sudden it didn't exist anymore. The following is a record of what followed.

I posted this:

Are you kidding me?
Quote:
These boobs deleted a perfectly legitimate post about the account management page that was, for the most part, only being participated in by adults, who were having a reasonable discussion.

Apparently if you don't TLDR and OMFG NUBSAUCE its considered a violation of the forum rules.

From Moderator Preston:

Quote:
Dear KGB-Kaotic,

You have received an infraction at Darkfall Forums.

Reason: ONE - You may not excessively communicate the same idea, phrase, or create spam within the community; you may not create any thread or post for the sole purpose of causing unrest in the community; you may not cause any sort of disturbance within a thread with the intent of ruining it; and you may not make one line posts such as IBTL, IBTB, BUMP, etc. Moderators are at their full discretion to enforce the spirit of this rule.
-------
Complaints about moderating must not be posted, use PM's to moderators or Brannoc.
-------

This infraction is worth 3 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
[post]3588586[/post]
Quote:
These boobs deleted a perfectly legitimate post about the account management page that was, for the most part, only being participated in by adults, who were having a reasonable discussion.

Apparently if you don't TLDR and OMFG NUBSAUCE its considered a violation of the forum rules.

All the best,
Darkfall Forums

My response:

Quote:
So,
You're going to send me a warning because I complained that you all removed a perfectly legitimate post, but you won't take the time to even tell me that you're removing said post. On top of that no one is policing the crap that gets posted like Are there pets? Seriously. You guys are pure win.

Just so we're clear, I'm getting this warning for this:
"you may not create any thread or post for the sole purpose of causing unrest in the community"?

Assuming that is correct then exactly how is pointing out poor moderator performance attempting to cause unrest? I wanted some justification for what happened and I still don't have that. Since there was no communication about my thread being removed, how else was I supposed to express my grievance? I know you guys are all volunteers but come on. Are you actually being directed by Aventurine to suppress any complaints about their inability to address concerns of the player base in a timely fashion? Is that why the inane drivel is allowed to fly and anything remotely resembling an intelligent, adult attended conversation is deleted without notice?

"Not happy with our game? Need quick answers to a problem you're having? Go to our forums and... LOOK AT THE SILLY MONKEY!"

wow

More to follow as I hear from either Preston or Brannoc.

Edit:

Preston's response:

Quote:
1) I used the wrong infraction because I was in a hurry. We have a specific infraction for complaining about moderation on the forums.

2) I don't know about your thread that was deleted. From what you say it sounds reasonable, but it could very well have been in other posts in the thread that got it deleted.

3) Address moderation grievances by contacting moderators or Brannoc.

Please also report posts that violate forum rules. We really need the community help to clean those up.

They have a "specific infraction for complaining about moderation." WOW, just wow.

Rule #1 of Debating for Dummies:
If your opponent attempts to debate you, change the rules so that rebuttals are disallowed.

Rule #1 of Darkfall Forum Moderators Handbook:
When responding to a concerned members private message (PM) make sure you bullet point your reponse so they feel like they are being lectured to. This will make you sound smarter and more authoritarian. Likely this will also make them stop PMing you.

Last edited by Kaotic; 07/12/09 08:44 AM.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
G
Band 3
Band 3
G
Ya not the first time they have done this, I've been banned once or twice for having an opinion or asking about something, in a reasonable way, that was in the interest of the community but not Aventurine.

The mods on the DF boards really suck ass in a bad way...

Cheers
Grim

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I love this part

" sole purpose of causing unrest in the community"? "

They seem to be worried about a revolution hahaha

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
internet arguments with devs or cs are double fail. They'll never see your pov.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Kaotic Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Editted for new content smile

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Editted for new content smile

Preston is in one of the Death guilds. Not LoD, but I forget which one.

Straight up, Forumfall is fail and has been for years. I had my original 06' account stripped from me in the middle of 08' because I berated Mod Sasquatch for being biased and engaging in meta-gaming by misusing their forum admin rights.

The Mod's aren't paid, which is nothing new. Most if not all of them have or are currently playing DFO. Every single one of them is/was engaged in Global political meta-gaming in thier use of admin rights. Don't even get me started about how odd it was that on the eve of WWII, several key people had there Forumfall accounts banned for 2 weeks.

In a nutshell. What do you expect from Adventurine. It is perhaps one of the worst in communication, community development, and implementation of content/balancing that I have seen in a long while. The last time someone had such a death touch on an MMO that was conceptually sound, was SOE and the SWG debacle.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
W
Oracle Newbie
Oracle Newbie
W

At least you all can play the game... I still can't get the bastages to sell me an account! LOL... Hell, at this rate, WoW 2020-Patch:608,257,787.3.21 will be launching!

Still, do we have a DF server we play on or prefer?

By the way, that DF mod needs to stop using words he don't understand. :-)

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
everyone is making the transfer to the NA servers

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Band 7
Band 7
Some of us are already playing on NA...if you havn't been playing since launch I would roll on the NA server and not the EU....just in case there ARE transfer restrictions.

Former KGB Member

Link Copied to Clipboard